The 2006 Blogger Christmahanukwanzaakah Online Holiday Concert

poster girl Jamelah

THE CONCERT PROGRAM

Ellen performing Jingle Bell Rock

Digital Father performing O Holy Night

Psychotoddler performing Sevivon

Becky performing God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen

Elisabeth and Claire performing il est ne le divin enfant

Sheana and Colleen performing The Dreidel Song

Fitena performing Silent Night

Mr. Fabulous performing Blue Christmas

Villanovababy performing Santa Baby

Sophia performing Hanukkah, Oh Hannukah

Heather B performing O Come All Ye Faithful

Tiff performing The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire)

INTERMISSION

Nelumbo performing Up on the House Top

Non-Highlighted Heather performing Silent Night

Sophia, post-accident, performing Ocho Kandelikas in Ladino

Qatherinn performing A Christmas Song

Neil performing How to Make Latkes!

Stuntmother‘s son, Daniel performing Jingle Bells.

Danny performing Hanukkah, Oh Hanukkah

Caryn performing The Chipmunks Christmas Song

Paintergirl performing Rock and Roll Round the Christmas Tree

F.D. (from Therapy Doc) performing Dovid Melech (more here)

Pam performing Santa Baby

vgrrl.jpg
photo by V-Grrrl

chloe.jpg
photo by Chloe

sarah.jpg
photo by Neil and colorized by Sarah

This entry was posted in Blogging and the Internet, Music and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

95 Responses to The 2006 Blogger Christmahanukwanzaakah Online Holiday Concert

1. V-Grrrl says:

Bravo! Bravo!

Wild applause and standing ovation at Chez V-Grrrl…

((hugs)) and holiday happiness to all of you!

2. V-Grrrl says:

Hey, we’re serving hot chocolate here at Chez V so stop by during the intermission. ; )

3. It’s beautiful, Neil. The whole production.

4. NSC says:

What? I thought it was tomorrow. Arrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

5. V-Grrrl says:

The line to the ladies room is kinda long–can we get some potty equity here…

6. tamarika says:

This is fabulous. What a celebration, Neil! I had tears in my eyes to hear Danny’s voice after such a long time. I also cried to hear Sophia singing in Hebrew! Beautiful.

NSC — it isn’t too late! I’m still expecting some more…

8. Becky says:

How cool is this? Thanks Neil. Maybe if this innernet thing doesn’t catch on, you could make a fortune producing cross-cultural holiday extravaganzas?

Beautiful!!!!

9. Pingback: The Retropolitan Presents: Tales to Astonish!

10. Becky says:

And the Latke song? I have tears running down my face.

You are unbelieveable! Oy!

11. Sarah says:

oh wow, that is an impressive line up.

neil, amazing job!!

12. V-Grrrl says:

Really, I’m not taking over the Comments section–it’s an illusion.

I thoroughly enjoyed hearing all these entries but I especially wanted to let Qatherinn know that her contribution is magical, inspiring, amazing. I’ve played it more than once…listening with my eyes closed.

Qatherinn, I clicked over to your site but can’t leave a comment there because I’m not a MySpace Grrrl. Drop me a note some time if you’re so inclined. Thanks!

13. Megan says:

Why didn’t you tell me we could submit photos? I can’t sing, but I can shoot.

I can’t wait to come back and listen to all you talented people…

14. Leezer says:

Thank you Neil for putting this together! I’m so impressed; after hearing the music, I’m somewhat relieved I didn’t submit a performance myself! There is quite a lot of talent in your readership.

15. Edgy Mama says:

Bravo! Damn, Neil, this was lots of work. And you probably think I’m whacked because I sent you the wrong photo! I thought I was sending a photo I took in San Juan, but you got a cutie-pie photo of my kidlings under the tree. Guess that works too!

Lucky I didn’t accidently sent you something totally random…

Happy holidays all!

16. Rhea says:

This was absolutely delightful. I am so impressed by the talent of so many of the bloggers.

17. pam says:

“Best holiday show of the season! Multilingual, multinational, and dare I say it, multi-orgasmic!”

18. Scary Fairy says:

This is the best holiday concert I’ve ever been to. Mostly because the performances are beautiful and some of them breathtaking, but partly because I got to go in my pajamas and with coffee in hand – those Lutherans who put on The Messiah expect you to wear sweaters with snowmen and bunnies. Ick. Way to ruin a good buzz.

Anyway, thank you for all your hard work. I can’t wait for the CD release.

19. Pingback: the metafictional blues » One Is the Loneliest Number

20. *giggling*
    Your How to make Latkes song has me craving latkes now Neil! Welldone! And Bravo, of course!
    Sophia’s was beautiful, truly. (It’s going to take me until Crhitmas to get through all of the wonderful selections you have here.) :-)
    And thank you for posting one of my christmas pics. Neil! :-)
    Happy Holidays, to you and yours.

3T

21. lizardek says:

You’ve done more to make the world a smaller, better, more joyful place with this one post, than anyone ever. Yay!

22. Pingback: Nerd’s Eye View » Blog Archive » On the fourth day of Hannukah

23. Pingback: The 2006 Blogger Christmahanukwanzaakah Online Holiday Concert « Leezer

24. Non-Highlighted Heather says:

The only thing that could’ve made this better is if we’d all been in a room together. Still, I suppose there’s nothing all that freaky about a woman in her pajamas, alone, in front of her computer, grinning and applauding wildly. As cheesy as it sounds, to me this is what Christmas is all about. The holidays can be so stressful and chaotic and it’s easy to lose your way in it all. And yet, here is a group of virtual strangers, from all over the world, converging in one place to share a little piece of themselves (as nerve wracking as that is). You’ve done a good thing, Neil and I’m glad I got to be a part of it. Have a glorious holiday everyone. xoxoxoxoxo

25. cruisin-mom says:

awwww, Neil…it’s like you have brought the world together over latkes and jingle bells. You are true leader of peace and love. Your rendition of the latke song is like Jerry Seinfeld meets Disco.

Oh. My. God. That was SO cool. I want to make a CD of these selections so I can have it playing from now until New Year’s. I cannot believe the talent of these bloggers. I was as moved by the simple renditions of the holiday songs as I was impressed by the people who were able to include musical accompaniment. How great to hear the different voices and to see some of the folks on video. And yours and Sophia’s were perfection. I did mine from my car on La Brea Boulevard surrounded by Lubavitchers in full Chasidic getups who were staring at me like I was insane (at least I was singing a Hanukkah song and not one about the birth of Christ).

Neil, you are truly the George Bailey of the Blogosphere.

27. I’m taking advantage of the intermission to write a quick comment.

Awesome – I’m Awestruck. Moved to tears and joy. You’ve captured the real sense of The Holidays.

Opps. Lights a flashing gotta go listen some more.

28. psychomom says:

I’m getting ready to enjoy the concert (already enjoyed the pictures). I’ve been enjoying the snow that fell yesterday and the snow that is falling right now. We are truely in a winter wonderland. Snow pictures are posted at my p(l)ace.
    Happy Holidays to all and a big Thank You to Neil! You really are Citizen of the Year.

29. ms. sizzle says:

neil- this is an awesome feat you pulled off. so merry and fun!

thank you for all your efforts. it’s great!

30. fringes says:

I loved the pictures. Wish I had known I, the blogger, didn’t have to be included in mine. I have tons of kids holiday pics. Next year.

This was a wonderful production. You’re aewsome, Neil.

31. Alison says:

I tip my hat to you, Neil. Bravo!

32. Tim says:

pretty impressive neil!

33. Elisabeth says:

Thank you so much, Neil, for such a lovely, fun, and touching Holiday songfest. I loved your latke song (will have to burn it to a CD to play in the kitchen and use as a recipe if I ever try to make some), and Danny’s French on his song.

34. tiff says:

Hoo boy, what an excellent way to spend time! Y’all are a talented lot!

Thanks Neil, for helping us celebrate together.

35. I’m back after listening and watching to everyone….and moved to tears. Thanks

36. Oh Holy Night is my all time favorite Christmas song, and Digital Father’s rendition brought tears to my eyes. Beautifully done…

37. orieyenta says:

Bravo! This is absolutely wonderful and really shows the true meaning of holiday spirit. Thanks Neil.

38. Pingback: Merry Christmahanukwanaakah! « Digital Father

39. Neil, you are absolutely adorable, and you can make me latkes any time, but I would like to retract my offer to take you karaokeing.

40. Pearl says:

A superb effort in coordinating, advertising and producing such a wonderful concert and photo album, Neil. Thank you.

Now pat yourself on the back…you deserve it.

(if I figure out a way to record and send something, I might still send you a song for New Year’s.)

41. Churlita says:

It is all so awesome. I feel like such a slacker because I’ve been so crazy busy at work and at home this year, that I didn’t have time to contribute anything. I may get you a Christmas tree picture tonight when I get home. Is that too late?

42. Ellen Bloom says:

Neil! Excellent job of hosting this grand concert. I absolutely love your Latke Rap! I’ll be playing it while frying up latkes over a hot stove later today! Sophia’s “Hanukkah O Hanukkah” moved me…she has a very powerful and pleasing voice!

Go to this link to see our holiday card to all of you: http://ellenbloom.blogspot.com/2006/12/plush-holidays.html#links

43. paintergirl says:

Thank you Neil! This is the best thing ever!!

44. Joan says:

Neil!! This is waaay too cool. Thanks for putting in all the hard work to entertain us. Take a bow my man.

45. Chana says:

So, just in case Neil doesn’t get a chance to put my submission up (because it wasn’t even recorded until 5 hours ago, and then it took me 2 hours to… (oh, never mind), here is “Ocho Candelikas” and “Light a Candle” performed by my daughter’s 2nd-5th grade school choir! :)

46. Javacurls says:

Bravo!! Your concert was the best!! Loved your Latkes song! It was so good I was almost tempted to make them!! :) Happy Holidays!!

47. mariemm3 says:

Way to rock out the holidays. I applaud you all.

48. Scarlet says:

Neil! I suck. I’m so sorry:( Do you want my reasons or are you just too disappointed in me to hear them?

Scarlet – Of all people! I expect a private concert from you where I choose the songs. And it is going to be weird stuff, like the theme from “The A-Team.”

50. jamelah says:

This is pretty much the awesomest thing ever. And I’m not just saying that because I’m the poster girl.

Thanks everyone for their songs and photos. Our show has been extended another day so more people can hear and marvel at all of your talents. And people said bloggers only know how to “stare at their own navels.” Hah! This proves them wrong. They can stare at their own navels AND sing!

52. elle says:

Great Idea!! This was a blast…You are all amazingly talented!!!!

53. Two Roads says:

ABSOULUTELY FABULOUS!!! I’m saving this post to enjoy over and over again. You are a blessing Neil for bringing us all together!

54. mckay says:

without having listened to a single song, this is by far, the best christmas party i’ve been to this year! you guys ROCK!

now i’ll go back and listen and enjoy.

thanks for the pics, too. i feel all warm and fuzzy.
    :0)

55. Fitèna says:

Marvelous Neil! Just love it all! Thank you for keeping me! Merry Xmas to you, Sophia and your Mama:-)

You just rock!

Fitèna

56. What fun! Loved my Danny Miller’s song. Great to hear him over the miles. Thanks, Neil, for quite a feat.
    Love,
    Elaine

57. MapleMama says:

Neil,

Your concert was absolutely inspired. Excellent execution – and I organize concerts for a living. At least you didn’t have to deal with tech riders and making sure the right bottled water is in the dressing rooms.

I had hoped to contribute “In the Bleak Midwinter” – but I never technically got off the ground. I’ll start practicing now for next year.

Seriously – a wonderful concert, and BRAVO, STANDING O – to everyone who participated.

Happy Hanukkah Neil, and best wishes to everyone for a Happy New Year.

58. Jessica says:

This is wonderful, Neil – truly. I wish I had known about it sooner so I could participate.

59. I believe this can be considered a “success,” Neil!

60. Pam says:

Lovely, inspiring…oh heck, everyone’s already used the best adjectives. But truly, this was sensational. What an awesome thing to do. And, you put my cookies up there. (hehehee)
    I can’t sing but I can bake.
    ♥Pam

61. […] Listen to the first-ever blogger online holiday concert[…]

62. Pants says:

Wow! Now I know how the Grinch felt when his heart grew three sizes. Thank you, Neil.

63. Jennifer says:

Wow. Wow. Wow.

It finally feels like the holidays are here. I can’t thank you enough for organizing all of these generous – and BRAVE – souls!!

Merry and bright, babes!

64. Caron says:

I’ve suffered from the holiday bah humbugs since many years of working retail. The awesome power of your talented performers transformed me into a holiday humming bug. I sang all day. Thanks!

65. Ayelet says:

Wow! That’s the awesomest thing I’ve seen/heard in a while. Thanks.

66. Mo says:

Wow!! USA Today?! That’s awesome, Neil. This blog thing may be a career after all. I am stoked about next year. I bought my microphone tonight in preparation…

67. Michele says:

Amazing effort, beautifully managed. Neil, you are a blog star once again.

68. wordnerd says:

DAMN! What a concert! I am so impressed. This really made my day — fantastic!

69. cruisin-mom says:

By the way, Neil and Sarah…the colorized Santa is really fantastic.

70. […] The 2006 Blogger Christmahanukwanzaakah Online Holiday Concert […]

71. FABULOUS, Neil!
    HAPPY HANUKKAH & MERRY CHRISTMAS, TOO!

72. Happy Hanukkah Neil and Sophia.

73. Crankster says:

Beautifully done, Neil. Happy Hanukkah!

74. Pingback: Citizen of the Month » Message from Time Magazine

75. Pingback: After the Concert « Digital Father

76. wendy says:

Am I late??Ooops… I put some pics up for ya Neil…kinda like a cheap gift card…But it is the thought that counts…(sheepishly sneeks out)

77. this was great fun!!! thanks!!

78. Pingback: Christmahanukwanzaakah « This Journey

79. Pingback: No Pasa Nada » Blog Archive » It’s the thought that counts

80. Pingback: An Ode to Neilochka on his Birthday « Roberta’s Voice

81. Pingback: Music news and much more » The 2006 Blogger Christmahanukwanzaakah Online Holiday Concert

82. Pingback: Citizen of the Month » The Third Annual “Thank Your First Commenter Day”

83. Pingback: Citizen of the Month » Announcing the 2007 Christmahanukwanzaakah Online Holiday Concert

84. Pingback: Citizen of the Month » The 2007 Blogger Christmahanukwanzaakah Online Holiday Concert

85. Pingback: Citizen of the Month » Holiday Concert Sign-Up Sheet

86. Pingback: Announcing the Fifth Annual Blogger Christmahanukwanzaakah Online Holiday Concert! | Citizen of the Month

87. Pingback: The Fifth Annual Blogger Christmalhijrahanukwanzaakah Online Holiday Concert! | Citizen of the Month

88. Pingback: Announcing the Sixth Annual Blogger Christmahanukwanzaakah Online Holiday Concert! | Citizen of the Month

89. Pingback: Announcing the Seventh Annual Blogger Christmahanukwanzaakah Online Holiday Concert! | Citizen of the Month

90. Pingback: The Ninth Annual Blogger Christmahanukwanzaakah Online Holiday Concert | Citizen of the Month

91. Pingback: The Ninth Annual Blogger Christmahanukwanzaakah Online Holiday Concert — LIVE! | Citizen of the Month

92. Pingback: Christmahanukwanzaakah | This Journey