The 2007 Blogger Christmahanukwanzaakah Online Holiday Concert

logo2.jpg
Logo Design by Vanessa of the Butterfly Blog (get an array of concert buttons for your site at her blog)

THE CONCERT PROGRAM

Were You There on Christmas Night?
sung by Lizardek (“the Swedish Celine Dion”) with Sharon Johns

Sleigh Ride
sung by Heather (“Broadway Baby”) of OMSH

Mele Kalikimaka
sung by Kerflop (“The Virtual Hawaiian Honey”)

Have Yourself a Very Merry Little Christmas
sung by the — Greeblemonkey and Ms. Sizzle (“the Simon and Garfunkel of Christmas”)

The Man with the Bag
by Vanessa “the Fourth Andrews Sister” of the Butterfly Blog (not her real talking voice!… she wants you to know)

Silent Night
by Erin (“Vivacious Voice”) Villanovababy (and hubby Tim Cooper on guitar)

Hanukkah, Oh Hanukkah
sung by Sophia, (“Hot and Spicy Songstress”)

Coventry Carol
sung by NFH “The Minnesota Mantovani” from This Journey

Everyboy Got Pissed At the Party (a little adult)
sung by Whit “Rapper Whiteboy” of Honea Express

I’ve Got My Love to Keep Me Warm
sung by “Ukelele Pam” of Nerd’s Eye View

Vermont Snow (an original song)
sung by MapleMama “Green Mountain Diva”

The Christmas Song
sung by Bec (“The British Barbra”) of Out of My Tree

Light Up (Himmelman/Broza)
by Psychotoddler (“Jewish Doctor Feelgood”)

INTERMISSION

Carol of the Bells
by Merry Mishaps (“They Call Me Merry”)

Mi Yimalel
sung by Danny (“Wilco’s Secret Band Member”) of Jew Eat Yet

Ner Li (Hanukkah)
by Otir (“the Female Jacques Brel”) of Un Jour a La Fois

I’m Dreamin’ of a White Trash Christmas
by AKA Monty (“Let’s Make a Deal”) of The Daily Bitch

O Little Town of Bethlehem
sung by Hilly (“The Hills Are Alive”) of Snackie’s World

Mon Beau Sapin (Christmas)
by Otir (“the Female Jacques Brel”) of Un Jour a La Fois

Baby, it’s Cold Outside
sung by Ms. Sizzle (“Ms. Claus”) and her special Santa

Te Harinui (a New Zealand Christmas song)
by Dee (“The Diana Ross of Down Under”) of Singular Scene

Hanukiah Li Yesh
sung by Tamar ( “the Philly Sound”) of Mining Nuggets

Christmastime is Here
sung by Angela “Jazz Hands” of Fluidpudding

“Light Up”
with Psychotoddler in a live concert version

Love
from Kyran Pittman (“The Poetess of Song”) from Notes to Self

I’ll Be Home for Christmas
sung by Saviabella (“the Sweetheart of Saskatchewan”)

… and a special performance by Sophia (“Hot and Spicy Songstress”), who sings…

Flicker Wicker,
a new Hanukkah song she wrote especially for this concert, done to the tune of ABBA’s Super Trouper. (You know how much I love ABBA.)

sophia3.jpg

jillglossy.jpg
Christmas photo by Jill of GlossyVeneer

shash.jpg

shash2.jpg
Holiday photos by Shash

chk.jpg

Happy Holidays! The Christmahanukwanzaakah Holiday concert will be re-broadcast on Christmas Day, so feel free to send me any new material if you missed today’s deadline, whether it be audio, video or Holiday photos.

Relive the memories! — The 2006 Christmahanukwanzaakah Holiday Concert

This entry was posted in Blogging and the Internet, Music and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

84 Responses to The 2007 Blogger Christmahanukwanzaakah Online Holiday Concert

1. V-Grrrl says:

Neil,

It wouldn’t be the holidays without all the Big Love and Cheer you share with the blogosphere.

Sending you a big American hug and three Belgian kisses! Mwah!

2. MapleMama says:

MrMaple and I just finished listening to all of these wonderfully AMAZING performances. I am so honored to share this program with each of you.

Neil – you might have to take this show on the road. I’ve given you a little shout-out on my blog.

Happy Holidays one and all!

FANTASTIC! I haven’t been in much of a holiday mood this year but this concert has catapulted me into the spirit! As usual I’m amazed at the diversity and vocal range of your readers–really superb! Sorry about that weird clicking during my song. I couldn’t hear that as I recorded it which is why I’m not singing to the beat!

CHAG SAMEACH to all of Neil’s readers who form an oasis of sanity and love in the blogosphere. (Great kicker from Sophia!)

4. tamarika says:

Neilochka, once again you created a fantastic community – a place for us all to get together and enjoy each other.

Thank you so much! Happy Holiday season to everyone! Hugs, smiles and waves!

5. Pingback: 2007 Christmahanukwanzaakah | This Journey

Danny – I thought it sounded there on purpose, for the beat!

If I mis-labeled anything, please email me. Bec’s song is an mp4 and may not open for some, so I am going to try to convert it.

Also, while it isn’t exactly Hanukkah music, Therapydoc has added some Jewish music to her site.

7. Lisa says:

What fun!! Enjoyed them all! Thanks Neil for putting this together.

8. Pingback: Misc Chatter « The Reluctant Optimist

9. “Flicker Wicker” kicker ROCKS the house.

Thanks Sophia!

And Thank You Neil, for hosting this extravaganza once again.

10. Pingback: Oh My Stinkin Heck » Blog Archive » I sang in the 2007 Blogger Christmahanukwanzaakah.

11. OMSH says:

This was a fabulous start to my day! ENCORE! ENCORE!

12. All I can say is, you all sing (or play) WAAAAAY better than I do.

That was seriously AWESOME!!!!!

Thanks so much, Neil. What a hoot!

13. Oh, Holy Crap!

Nice job again Neil! Now all you need to do is get some of those muslims and hindus in on the act.

14. sizzle says:

i love this. fun! i got a laugh out of the simon and garfunkel reference for myself and aimee. hee hee. “time it was and what a time it was…a time of innocence, a time of confidences…”

good work on this neil!

15. Pingback: This post requires you to click. « Sizzle Says

16. cruisin-mom says:

YAY for Neil…if there was mistletoe hanging…i’d give you a kiss

17. Wow there is A TON of talent here… I especially loved Hilly’s O Little Town of Bethlehem. She has a gorgeous voice.

18. MapleMama says:

Neil,
    Regarding your question yesterday–as to why such talented folks would waste their timeblogging–I’ve just realized the answer after listening to the concert over and over this morning.

I think most everyone here just has WAY too much talent for one creative outlet!

19. Rhea says:

Another year, another great collection of singing bloggers.

20. Whit says:

Irving Berlin called. You’re in.

21. Pingback: nerd’s eye view » Blog Archive » Christmas Lights, East Side

22. lizardek says:

Thanks, Neil! You made my year! :D

23. lizardek says:

Wait, I take that back, I just listened to Sophia’s contribution and THAT made my year!!!

24. wafelenbak says:

Thanks to all for participating! What fun–really made my Monday. :-)

25. Tamara says:

HEY! That was a surprise to see my pic there! Thanks so much, and Happy Chanukah!

26. Hilly says:

Thank you so much for letting me participate and for doing this for all of us!

Everyone is so talented!

27. Loralee says:

This idea rocks the house. I loved it. I’ll probably just sit here and keep clicking on all these people for an embarrassing amount of time.

I think it’s amazing that so many bloggers are so multi-talented.

Most people stare blankly when I say that blogging is my daily bit of applause and consolation for walking away from an opera career, but I bet that sentiment would be completely understood here!

28. Caron says:

From the mountains to the isthmus, you brought Holiday joy! Sophia, you are my hero for that rhyme!

29. wendy says:

Did anyone else weep.. TWICE??

and laugh..

This was really a moving experience for me Neil!

Thanks..

30. butterfly says:

Hey Neil!

I have been enjoying the concert so much — what a wealth of songs and pictures and new friends to make! You weren’t kidding about all of the talent up in here! ;-D

I am sooo honored that you liked the logo and used it to intro the event — wow *blush* You really do love me, don’t you?

May you get all of the loose women you hope for this holiday season! LOL

– vanessa aka the butterfly

31. Sara says:

hahahahaha

Awesome. Thank you!

32. Pingback: Kerflop » Blog Archive » Sideblog: Get thee to the concert!

33. Neil- so sorry I missed the gig this year. I’ve been out of town, and my agent has not been on top of the gigs like he used to be.

That said, nice work by everyone here. I’d have been hard pressed to top them.

34. pam says:

I love this whole thing. You rule, Citizen of the Month.

35. Kyra says:

Absolutely FANTASTIC!

36. Sarah says:

Impressive lineup :)

merry holiday season to all!

37. Coolest idea EVAH! Thanks for including one of my holiday pics.

Now if I were to sing… that would be a completely different and more terrifying addition!

38. Bec says:

Sorry I sent the wrong format over! Am putting the mp3 in the ‘post’ now!

I just adore this lineup – seriously, shall we just convoy in a massive world tour affair? I can make the tea!

And for those who asked about Sophia’s “Flicker Wicker” song — yes, Christmas DOES rhyme with isthmus! You think you can come up with anything better?!

40. Pingback: Gifties IV (There’s a Song in my Heart)

41. Jennifer says:

Wow. It’s even better than last year’s event. And I’ve found new blogs to love! What a gift you’ve given!

42. Otir says:

What a treat! Thanks Neil for putting up such a great concert, and the whole show with pics and decorations, and heart, and soul, and fun, and everything!

I am half flattered that I am called the female Jacques Brel, wondering if it is because I roll the r’s like him, also please tell your readers I am not as depressing as he is, or I hope (but yeah what a great singer, even if he was Belgian).

And yes, I want that next year you hook me up with Danny so that we do a Yi Malel duet (I don’t do the Hark! thing though, just the Hebrew part).

Wow, that was too cool, I submit the comment and go back to the entire show one more time!

43. mckay says:

i’ve peeked at a few…LOVE them! savoring the rest like pricey chocolate..one or two a day.

God bless you, Neil, for creating such a cool event where people get to share all sorts of fun stuff.

and God bless us, everyone!

44. Angella says:

This? Is AMAZING! You rock the casbah!

45. Pearl says:

Neil, you’re the Bob Hope of blogland. It’s time to take this show on the road and entertain those overseas troops.
    Fine work…once again.

46. SJ says:

I am really, really sad that I didn’t contribute.

But having listened to these, I’m infinitely grateful that I didn’t send in my lame off-key warbling.

47. merrymishaps says:

Great job everybody!
    I’m glad I could be a part of this!

48. 180/360 says:

Sounds great everyone! Bravo, bravo! Encore, encore!

Wish I could’ve had more time to figure out where my file went so that I could’ve participated. Next year, I guess.

49. Carrie says:

Wow! Thanks for spreading the cheer! Wonderful.

50. Leesa says:

Well shoot.. I didn’t realize photos were accepted for talent! Great selection here :)

51. Neil, this was beautiful! I really enjoyed everyone’s contributions to your concert.

52. teebopop says:

I wasn’t in the holiday spirit at all. Now I am. Thank you everyone for sharing your self and your families for this concert.

Neil? You’re just too awesome for words.

53. AB says:

Neil,
    Thanks for that peek into everyone’s world. I promise to particpate next year. Happy Hanukkah to you!

54. supa says:

wow, neil. And everybody. I’m moved. Excellent job!

Did a little re-arranging to make it simpler to navigate. Thanks for the advice.

56. Karl says:

Happy holidays, Neil and Sophia! Great concert!

57. MsMamma says:

How uber cool. Sophia is one hot Sweet Potato!

58. Pingback: The Christmahanukwanzaakah Holiday Concert « West Coast Grrlie Blather

59. Mr. Fabulous says:

Man, lots of good stuff here. And, of course, I forgot all about it and didn’t submit anything, despite you reminding me.

Sigh…I suck.

60. Elizabeth says:

damn– this is inspiring. i like the moniker someone above gave you– “the bob hope of Christmas” but I think that has to be modified to the “billy bob hope” as I don’t think bob’s penis ever gave monologues (not in public, anyway) and I’m pretty sure billy bob holds regular discourse with his.

61. Dagny says:

Lovely, but next year can you add in Yule to the mix? Sorry to be a pain.

62. Miguelina says:

Impressive. You’ve all put me in the Christmas spirit – finally!

63. Michael says:

Damn, I forgot to take photos of our latkes. I coulda sent them in… but I was too drunk on the vodka for the latkes. Happy holidayz

64. gorillabuns says:

everyone is way too talented!

65. mrsmogul says:

WOW that cheered me up!! I might get something together..if I have time!!

New Addition to the concert!

Te Harinui (a New Zealand Christmas song) by Dee (”The Diana Ross of Down Under”) of Singular Scene

67. awwww; hark the hairy angels was too sweet

68. catnapping says:

merry merry, and a cool yule!

love,
    cat

69. Pingback: Citizen of the Month » My Last Day of 2007 “Thank You’s”

70. Pingback: Guitar Hero : whoorl

71. Pingback: Gotta Sing, gotta dance!

72. Pingback: Randomness » Out Of My Tree

73. Cyprus chick says:

Wow what wonderful stuff!
    Thats churped me up for the day!

74. Pingback: Citizen of the Month » Healthy Arrogance, Day 2 — Hire Me As a Speaker at Conferences

75. Pingback: Citizen of the Month » Buy Handmade This Holiday Season!

76. Pingback: Citizen of the Month » Holiday Concert Sign-Up Sheet

77. Pingback: Announcing the Fifth Annual Blogger Christmahanukwanzaakah Online Holiday Concert! | Citizen of the Month

78. Pingback: The Fifth Annual Blogger Christmalhijrahanukwanzaakah Online Holiday Concert! | Citizen of the Month

79. Pingback: Announcing the Seventh Annual Blogger Christmahanukwanzaakah Online Holiday Concert! | Citizen of the Month

80. Pingback: The Ninth Annual Blogger Christmahanukwanzaakah Online Holiday Concert | Citizen of the Month

81. Pingback: The Ninth Annual Blogger Christmahanukwanzaakah Online Holiday Concert — LIVE! | Citizen of the Month