The 2007 Blogger Christmahanukwanzaakah Online Holiday Concert

logo2.jpg
Logo Design by Vanessa of the Butterfly Blog (get an array of concert buttons for your site at her blog)

THE CONCERT PROGRAM

Were You There on Christmas Night?
sung by Lizardek (“the Swedish Celine Dion”) with Sharon Johns

Sleigh Ride
sung by Heather (“Broadway Baby”) of OMSH

Mele Kalikimaka
sung by Kerflop (“The Virtual Hawaiian Honey”)

Have Yourself a Very Merry Little Christmas
sung by the — Greeblemonkey and Ms. Sizzle (“the Simon and Garfunkel of Christmas”)

The Man with the Bag
by Vanessa “the Fourth Andrews Sister” of the Butterfly Blog (not her real talking voice!… she wants you to know)

Silent Night
by Erin (“Vivacious Voice”) Villanovababy (and hubby Tim Cooper on guitar)

Hanukkah, Oh Hanukkah
sung by Sophia, (“Hot and Spicy Songstress”)

Coventry Carol
sung by NFH “The Minnesota Mantovani” from This Journey

Everyboy Got Pissed At the Party (a little adult)
sung by Whit “Rapper Whiteboy” of Honea Express

I’ve Got My Love to Keep Me Warm
sung by “Ukelele Pam” of Nerd’s Eye View

Vermont Snow (an original song)
sung by MapleMama “Green Mountain Diva”

The Christmas Song
sung by Bec (“The British Barbra”) of Out of My Tree

Light Up (Himmelman/Broza)
by Psychotoddler (“Jewish Doctor Feelgood”)

INTERMISSION

Carol of the Bells
by Merry Mishaps (“They Call Me Merry”)

Mi Yimalel
sung by Danny (“Wilco’s Secret Band Member”) of Jew Eat Yet

Ner Li (Hanukkah)
by Otir (“the Female Jacques Brel”) of Un Jour a La Fois

I’m Dreamin’ of a White Trash Christmas
by AKA Monty (“Let’s Make a Deal”) of The Daily Bitch

O Little Town of Bethlehem
sung by Hilly (“The Hills Are Alive”) of Snackie’s World

Mon Beau Sapin (Christmas)
by Otir (“the Female Jacques Brel”) of Un Jour a La Fois

Baby, it’s Cold Outside
sung by Ms. Sizzle (“Ms. Claus”) and her special Santa

Te Harinui (a New Zealand Christmas song)
by Dee (“The Diana Ross of Down Under”) of Singular Scene

Hanukiah Li Yesh
sung by Tamar ( “the Philly Sound”) of Mining Nuggets

Christmastime is Here
sung by Angela “Jazz Hands” of Fluidpudding

“Light Up”
with Psychotoddler in a live concert version

Love
from Kyran Pittman (“The Poetess of Song”) from Notes to Self

I’ll Be Home for Christmas
sung by Saviabella (“the Sweetheart of Saskatchewan”)

… and a special performance by Sophia (“Hot and Spicy Songstress”), who sings…

Flicker Wicker,
a new Hanukkah song she wrote especially for this concert, done to the tune of ABBA’s Super Trouper. (You know how much I love ABBA.)

sophia3.jpg

jillglossy.jpg
Christmas photo by Jill of GlossyVeneer

shash.jpg

shash2.jpg
Holiday photos by Shash

chk.jpg

Happy Holidays! The Christmahanukwanzaakah Holiday concert will be re-broadcast on Christmas Day, so feel free to send me any new material if you missed today’s deadline, whether it be audio, video or Holiday photos.

Relive the memories! — The 2006 Christmahanukwanzaakah Holiday Concert

This entry was posted in Blogging and the Internet, Music and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

84 Responses to The 2007 Blogger Christmahanukwanzaakah Online Holiday Concert

1. 180/360 says:

Sounds great everyone! Bravo, bravo! Encore, encore!

Wish I could’ve had more time to figure out where my file went so that I could’ve participated. Next year, I guess.

2. Carrie says:

Wow! Thanks for spreading the cheer! Wonderful.

3. Leesa says:

Well shoot.. I didn’t realize photos were accepted for talent! Great selection here :)

4. Neil, this was beautiful! I really enjoyed everyone’s contributions to your concert.

5. teebopop says:

I wasn’t in the holiday spirit at all. Now I am. Thank you everyone for sharing your self and your families for this concert.

Neil? You’re just too awesome for words.

6. AB says:

Neil,
    Thanks for that peek into everyone’s world. I promise to particpate next year. Happy Hanukkah to you!

7. supa says:

wow, neil. And everybody. I’m moved. Excellent job!

Did a little re-arranging to make it simpler to navigate. Thanks for the advice.

9. Karl says:

Happy holidays, Neil and Sophia! Great concert!

10. MsMamma says:

How uber cool. Sophia is one hot Sweet Potato!

11. Pingback: The Christmahanukwanzaakah Holiday Concert « West Coast Grrlie Blather

12. Mr. Fabulous says:

Man, lots of good stuff here. And, of course, I forgot all about it and didn’t submit anything, despite you reminding me.

Sigh…I suck.

13. Elizabeth says:

damn– this is inspiring. i like the moniker someone above gave you– “the bob hope of Christmas” but I think that has to be modified to the “billy bob hope” as I don’t think bob’s penis ever gave monologues (not in public, anyway) and I’m pretty sure billy bob holds regular discourse with his.

14. Dagny says:

Lovely, but next year can you add in Yule to the mix? Sorry to be a pain.

15. Miguelina says:

Impressive. You’ve all put me in the Christmas spirit – finally!

16. Michael says:

Damn, I forgot to take photos of our latkes. I coulda sent them in… but I was too drunk on the vodka for the latkes. Happy holidayz

17. gorillabuns says:

everyone is way too talented!

18. mrsmogul says:

WOW that cheered me up!! I might get something together..if I have time!!

New Addition to the concert!

Te Harinui (a New Zealand Christmas song) by Dee (”The Diana Ross of Down Under”) of Singular Scene

20. awwww; hark the hairy angels was too sweet

21. catnapping says:

merry merry, and a cool yule!

love,
    cat

22. Pingback: Citizen of the Month » My Last Day of 2007 “Thank You’s”

23. Pingback: Guitar Hero : whoorl

24. Pingback: Gotta Sing, gotta dance!

25. Pingback: Randomness » Out Of My Tree

26. Cyprus chick says:

Wow what wonderful stuff!
    Thats churped me up for the day!

27. Pingback: Citizen of the Month » Healthy Arrogance, Day 2 — Hire Me As a Speaker at Conferences

28. Pingback: Citizen of the Month » Buy Handmade This Holiday Season!

29. Pingback: Citizen of the Month » Holiday Concert Sign-Up Sheet

30. Pingback: Announcing the Fifth Annual Blogger Christmahanukwanzaakah Online Holiday Concert! | Citizen of the Month

31. Pingback: The Fifth Annual Blogger Christmalhijrahanukwanzaakah Online Holiday Concert! | Citizen of the Month

32. Pingback: Announcing the Seventh Annual Blogger Christmahanukwanzaakah Online Holiday Concert! | Citizen of the Month

33. Pingback: The Ninth Annual Blogger Christmahanukwanzaakah Online Holiday Concert | Citizen of the Month

34. Pingback: The Ninth Annual Blogger Christmahanukwanzaakah Online Holiday Concert — LIVE! | Citizen of the Month