Sing, sing a song
Sing out loud
Sing out strong
Sing of dreidels and snow
Sing of Santa and mistletoe
Sing, sing a song
If you’re a blogger
You definitely belong
Donâ€™t worry that you don’t know the words
To Frosty the Snowman well
Sing a song
La la la la la… it’s Christmahanukwanzaakah!
It is now time to raise our voices in song again in this new holiday tradition. Hanukkah songs about miracles. Christmas songs about faith. Winter songs about the beauty of the season. Kwanzaa songs about new traditions. It is the 2007 Blogger Christmahanukwanzaakah Online Holiday Concert, right here on Citizen of the Month on Monday, December 10th (with a re-broadcast on Christmas Day). The concert is for YOU and by YOU — and this year will be bigger and better than last year.
If you want to participate, just say so in the comments or email me ASAP. Please try to tell me what song you want to sing, so we don’t have five people all performing “The Little Drummer Boy.”
1) You can send me either an audio file or a video.
2) You can host it on your own site or send the recording to me directly. If you host it yourself, just send me the URL.
3) A blogger must participate in the performance, not just your kid dressed as a snow angel. It must be YOU and your kid singing together, or YOU playing the guitar as backup.
4) I must receive the final song by December 9 for the concert on December 10th. This gives you two weeks to record it.
5) If you have any question on how to record a song, just email me. It is very easy to do using your computer.
6) Have fun! You don’t need to sing perfectly!
7) If you are too much of a wimp to sing, send in a photo of your Christmas tree, Hannukah menorah, snowmen, or your family all dressed up in their Holiday best — we’ll use it to decorate “the set.”
And remember, on November 30 – December 2, the weekend before the concert, there will be the Blogger Holiday Online Arts and Crafts Fair , also hosted here. Come and find some cool Holiday gift ideas, made by bloggers themselves. If you sell your artwork or crafts, and you want to participate as a “vendor,” email me at neilochka at yahoo dot com.