Neil Kramer explores friendship, love, and sex, and the dangerous art of writing about it.
He lives in NYC. He can be contacted at neilochka on yahoo.
Subscribe by Email
Photos for Sale
- Jack on Ten Years of Citizen of the Month – A Dedication: Always good to see some of the old timers have stuck it out. Mazal Tov on the...
- Akaky on Ten Years of Citizen of the Month – A Dedication: A happy tenth anniversary, Neil, and I trust that the next ten will be equally...
- kenju on Ten Years of Citizen of the Month – A Dedication: Happy blogiversary and happy birthday too. I think my 9th came up in January....
- Dave2 on Ten Years of Citizen of the Month – A Dedication: Congrats! It’s rare to find bloggers reaching this threshold any more.
- Otir on Ten Years of Citizen of the Month – A Dedication: It has been an honor to be your online friend and follower for all these years,...
Category Archives: Blogging and the Internet
It was March 2005, and my first two weeks of blogging. No one was reading Citizen of the Month, my “blog” named after a award that I frequently won in grade school for being such a goody-two-shoes. And without any … Continue reading
It was a snowy night in the city. I traveled on the F-train, coming home from a literary reading in Brooklyn. A dark-skinned man with Mediterranean features sat across from me, reading from a book written in a foreign language. … Continue reading
Conversation with my friend Craig, who I met in the street. “Hey, Neil. How’s the online dating life?” “It’s good. I’ve met some interesting women.” “It must be wild. I’ve been reading the articles in the New York Times about … Continue reading
It was the Year of the Sheep (or Goat) – it was unclear to me – at the 16th Annual NYC Chinatown Lunar New Year Parade & Festival. All I know is that, according to Chinese astrology, people born under … Continue reading
January In January, I visited my friend, Veronica, in Virginia. I wrote the first of many 2014 posts about my favorite topic, going to therapy. Defense Mechanism, February In February, a freeze came over New York City and much of … Continue reading
photo by Lotus Carroll of Lotus Carroll Welcome to the The 2014 Blogger Christmahanukwanzaakah Online Holiday Concert! It is my honor to be with you here for the eighth year of this concert. Thank you for keeping this blogging tradition … Continue reading
Oh great, all weekend my Facebook feed was filled with your damn Chrismahanukwanzakah trees and decorations and menorahs, and your obnoxious kids singing in their school choirs, posing as clean-cut, as if we didn’t know they spend the rest of … Continue reading
It is time for the announcement of the Ninth Annual Blogger Christmahanukwanzaakah Online Holiday Concert, all new, all exciting for 2014! Nine years! Can you believe it? Here are the past blockbuster concerts — 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 This year’s concert will … Continue reading