It is Thanksgiving time, and you know what that means. Santa arrives at the end of the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. Boxes of ornaments appear from dusty basements. Even the 99% and the 1% put aside their differences, form a circle around the tree, and drink egg nog.
Yes, it is that time of the year again — the announcement of the Sixth Annual Blogger Christmahanukwanzaakah Online Holiday Concert!
The online concert this year will take place on December 18, 2011, right here. Isn’t this the year when we finally hear YOU SING?! Sign up in the comments today.
1. Create an audio file or a video file of you performing a holiday song. If you need technical help, ask me.
2. You must be performing in the audio or video. Don’t cheat and have your cute kids doing all the work.
3. You can sing, play an instrument, recite poetry, dance the Nutcracker, or create music on your iPhone.
4. Once completed, you have the choice of posting it on your blog or YouTube and sending me the link, or emailing me the complete multimedia file. Try to get me everything by Friday, December 16, 2010, two days before the concert! That gives you plenty of time to be creative.
5. If you don’t want to sing a song, send me a holiday photo for concert decoration. It could be of your tree, menorah, or plain ol’ winter solstice if you are a heathen.
6. The comment section is the sign-up sheet. By signing up, we can see who is performing what, so we can avoid having ten versions of “Frosty the Snowman.”
7. Most importantly — don’t be intimidated if you can’t sing. We like to laugh at you.
8. Here are the past blockbuster concerts –
Join us in the longest-running holiday concert online — The Blogger Christmahanukwanzaakah Online Holiday Concert, now in it’s sixth season!