It is Thanksgiving time, and you know what that means. Â Santa arrives at the end of the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. Â Boxes of ornaments appear from dusty basements. Even the 99% and the 1% put aside their differences, form a circle around the tree, and drink egg nog.
Yes, it is that time of the year again — the announcement of theÂ Sixth Annual Blogger Christmahanukwanzaakah Online Holiday Concert!
The online concert this year will take place on December 18, 2011, right here. Â Isn’t this the year when we finally hear YOU SING?! Â Â Sign up in the comments today.
1. Â Create an audio file or a video file of you performing a holiday song.Â If you need technical help, ask me.
2. Â You must be performing in the audio or video. Â Don’t cheat and have your cute kids doing all the work.
3. Â You can sing, play an instrument, recite poetry, dance the Nutcracker, or create music on your iPhone.
4. Â Once completed, you have the choice of posting it on your blog or YouTube and sending me the link, or emailing me the complete multimedia file. Â Try to get me everything by Friday, December 16, 2010, two days before the concert! Â That gives you plenty of time to be creative.
5. Â If you don’t want to sing a song, send me a holiday photo for concert decoration. Â It could be of your tree, menorah, or plain ol’ winter solstice if you are a heathen.
6. Â The comment section is the sign-up sheet. Â Â By signing up, we can see who is performing what, so we can avoid having ten versions of “Frosty the Snowman.”
7. Â Most importantly — don’t be intimidated if you can’t sing. Â Â We like to laugh at you.
8. Â Here are the past blockbuster concerts —
Join us in the longest-running holiday concert online — The Blogger Christmahanukwanzaakah Online Holiday Concert, now in it’s sixth season!