It is Thanksgiving time, and you know what that means.   Santa arrives at the end of the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.   Boxes of ornaments appear from dusty basements. Even the 99% and the 1% put aside their differences, form a circle around the tree, and drink egg nog.

Yes, it is that time of the year again — the announcement of the Sixth Annual Blogger Christmahanukwanzaakah Online Holiday Concert!

The online concert this year will take place on December 18, 2011, right here.   Isn’t this the year when we finally hear YOU SING?!   Sign up in the comments today.

Concert FAQ:

1.  Create an audio file or a video file of you performing a holiday song.  If you need technical help, ask me.

2.  You must be performing in the audio or video.   Don’t cheat and have your cute kids doing all the work.

3.  You can sing, play an instrument, recite poetry, dance the Nutcracker, or create music on your iPhone.

4.  Once completed, you have the choice of posting it on your blog or YouTube and sending me the link, or emailing me the complete multimedia file.   Try to get me everything by Friday, December 16, 2010, two days before the concert!  That gives you plenty of time to be creative.

5.  If you don’t want to sing a song, send me a holiday photo for concert decoration.  It could be of your tree, menorah, or plain ol’ winter solstice if you are a heathen.

6.  The comment section is the sign-up sheet.    By signing up, we can see who is performing what, so we can avoid having ten versions of “Frosty the Snowman.”

7.  Most importantly — don’t be intimidated if you can’t sing.    We like to laugh at you.

8.  Here are the past blockbuster concerts —

2006  2007  2008  2009  2010

Join us in the longest-running holiday concert online — The Blogger Christmahanukwanzaakah Online Holiday Concert, now in it’s sixth season!

This entry was posted in Blogging and the Internet, Music and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

76 Responses to Announcing the Sixth Annual Blogger Christmahanukwanzaakah Online Holiday Concert!

1. Zak says:

I’m in. No singing though, probably just a photo. :)
    Zak posted K To The WHY.

2. Ooh, I really want to do this. But I’m not sure I can get my idea together in time.
    Happy Christmahanukwanzaakah either way!
    Alex@LateEnough posted My Kids Are Not Good For Santa Claus

3. agirlandaboy says:

We’re in again (how could we not be?) but haven’t cage-death-matched over what we’ll perform. Stay tuned!
    agirlandaboy posted 337 to 343

4. Dana says:

I think I’m in, with my kids. If it works, we’re doing “Christmas is Coming (the goose is getting fat).”
    Dana posted Santa’s Scout or Communist Spy?

5. Noel says:

Last year I sang. This year, I was hoping to submit a video of performers from my musical, The Christmas Bride, singing my song, A British Christmas, at a benefit. But that breaks all the rules.
    The Christmas Bride, a Dickensian romance, plays December 15-21 at Lucid Stage in Portland Maine.

Noel posted A small song

6. kristen says:

I will be singing Little Drummer Boy with the kids accompanying me on djembe.

7. Erin L says:

This sounds awesome! I’ll sing God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen.

8. Cameron says:

I cannot believe I didn’t know about this place before the CGC newslettery thing.

I’m in, either something lyrical and Churchy like O Holy Night, or something from my 4 y/o’s preschool song book. Either one.
    Cameron posted Interview with an Agent

9. Pingback: The Opposite of Chipmunks: Cloying Holiday Songs and Their Antidotes | collecting tokens

10. Pingback: Musical Rebirth. Complete With a Crack. « Pop Discourse

11. Have a holly jolly xmas….I think that’s the name.

12. Jessica says:

I’m singing my version of Winter Wonderland. FYI: I am a terrible singer.

13. Jason Green says:

“A Christmas Carol” by Charles Ives

14. If I can get it done tonight it will be me and the Boy performing one of our favorite not-actually-a-Christmas-song-but-I-like-to-sing-it-this-time-of-year-anyway songs.

15. So I think it’s not too late, I’ll get you the video by tonight…Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas. :)
    Kathryn (@kat1124) posted On Diversity and Negative Assumptions

16. Sondra says:

Yeah, count me in. “I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus” or maybe “Grandma got Run Over by a reindeer?”
    Sondra posted 2011 Golden Globe nominees