The Fifth Annual Blogger Christmalhijrahanukwanzaakah Online Holiday Concert!

banner by the super-talented Brenda of Secret Agent Josephine

Welcome to the biggest blogger holiday concert on the internet!

Jingle Bells
performed by Mishelle of Secret Agent Mama

Angels We Have Heard on High
performed by Angela of Fluid Pudding

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
performed in Finnish by Katja Presnal of Skimbaco Home,
Nina of Ninan-Tunnetila and Venla of MTV3 Finland

blkfade

photo by Heather of kinder. better. braver

note
Don’t Stop Believing performed by
Blaine of Mighty Hunter and the Seattle Men’s Chorus

Peace Train
performed by Faiqa of Native Born

O Holy Night
performed by Shawn of Backpacking Dad

photo by Danny of Jew Eat Yet

Santa Claus is Comin’ To Town
performed by Jenn of Breed Em’ And Weep and the Mater

note
Christmas in O’Hare written and performed
by Noel Katz of There’s Gotta Be a Song

S’vivon
performed by Mommymae and her family

photo by Trey Ratcliff

Happy Xmas: War is Over
performed by Nova of Ramona and her Mother and Brian

Got Tell it On the Mountain
performed by Bon of Crib Chronicles and family

photo by SoulChristmas

blkfade

Tutira Mai Nga Iwi (from New Zealand)
performed by Juli of Wellington Road and “Five”

photo from Germany by Martin of Deutschland Uber Elvis

Twas the Night Before Christmas
recited by Adam of Avitable

Christmas Day
performed by Lauren of In The Pudding Club
and Eloise

blkfade

What Are You Doing New Year’s Eve?
performed by Scott of Caveat Emptor

So This is Christmas performed by
Erin and Tim of Cooper Multimedia

Santa Baby
performed by Cecily of Uppercase Woman

photo by Veronica of Compost Studios

blkfade

Jingle Bells (from Australia)
performed by Rachel of Sesame Ellis and family

performed by Heather of The Hopeful Elephant and family

Lefler Holidaytastic performed by Anna of Life Just Keeps Getting Weirder

photo by Nance of Dept. of Nance

Jingle Bells
performed by Loukia of Loulou’s Views

blkfade

Happy Christmas (War is Over)
performed by Sarah of Imaginary Binky and family

performed by Amy of Selfish Mom

Up On the Housetop
performed by Loralee of Loralees’s Looneytunes
and Carolers

photo by Suzanne of Twenty Four at Heart

blkfade

Round and Round (Like a Dreidel)
performed by Neil of Citizen of the Month

Hallelujah
performed by Amy of The Bitchin’ Wives Club

photo by Mishelle of Secret Agent Mama

blkfade

You can also check out what has been done during the past concerts:

2006

2007

2008

2009

P.S. — Ticket prices to the concert were pretty cheap, so since you saved money, if you want to be generous, check out what caring bloggers are doing over at The Bloggess.

This entry was posted in Blogging and the Internet, Music and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

130 Responses to The Fifth Annual Blogger Christmalhijrahanukwanzaakah Online Holiday Concert!

1. agirlandaboy says:

Awesome awesome awesome. Each year better than the last. Thanks for hosting us all at your place. I hope no one spilled anything on your rug.

2. nova says:

Can hardly stand so much charm in one place. So Cute.
    nova posted Merry Christmas from ramona and her mother

3. toywithme says:

To all the contributors, thanks for sharing a little piece of yourself for a very touching, wacky, eclectic Christmalhijrahanukwanzaakah!

Neil, thank you very much for organizing such an entertaining mash up of all things good. P.S. Your hat is the new black!

4. This is the highlight of my Christmas season… after the nog.

Well done everyone!
    Chicky Chicky Baby posted Bluebird- bluebird- fly through my window

5. Karen D says:

Damn fine job to one and all and thanks Neil for bringing it all together.
    I laughed, I cried and I am amazed at the talent and bravery of you all.
    You made me feel the holiday spirit for the first time this season and for that I am grateful

Blessings to all and a Happy New Year,
    KAren
    Karen D posted Tuesday Tunes Joni Mitchell

6. laurenne says:

Neil! This is amazing. I am so proud to be among such talent.
    Thanks for organizing and getting us all to feel holidayish.

I love it!

7. OHmommy says:

All kinds of awesome. What a beautiful community!

8. Pingback: For My Middle School Choir Teacher « Not Going Postal

9. Dawn says:

Neil, You = awesome. I love this. Thanks for giving me a reason to sing somewhere other than in my car.
    Dawn posted For My Middle School Choir Teacher

10. peach says:

LOVE THIS!! Brought a smile to my face :) What talented and brave people…

11. This was awesome! Happy Holidays!
    Kimber Leszczuk posted The Yo-Yo Head Ninja and a Redecorating Idea

12. Genevieve says:

Neil, this was great! Thanks again for all your hard work on this. And I loved your song, in particular. The hat alone!
    Genevieve posted Just a Spoonful of Salt Makes the Sugar Go Down

13. this is the best thing i have seen in quite some time. thanks, neil!
    hello haha narf posted 39 Today

14. Pingback: Up on the housetop. (Dickens style) *Edited (Y’all won. I posted a solo clip.) | loraleeslooneytunes.com

15. If I wasn’t in the Christmalhijrahanukwanzaakah spirit before, I definitely am now! Awesome job everyone!
    Melanie @ Mel, A Dramatic Mommy posted Mission Valley Sky- Wordless Wednesday

16. Best thing ever. The touching, the funny, the beautiful.
    Love it.
    Some great voices up there.
    Also, good hats.
    San Diego Momma posted A Charming Thanksgiving Tale

17. Lynn says:

I haven’t even watched half of these yet but I’m loving it!

18. abigailroad says:

Well done everyone! :)

Thanks to you Neil, for doing this every year! MMMWAH!
    abigailroad posted Whats Up

19. sizzle says:

Swonderland should put out an album. I’d buy it!

20. sizzle says:

Kristen’s “I’ll be home for Christmas” was so beautiful I cried and smiled.

21. Rashell says:

Wow! That was great!!

22. Unbelievably awesome. Thanks for hosting this again this year! (And who knew so many people could play the ukelele?!?)
    Colleen – Mommy Always Wins posted Thank you- Harry Potter

23. Miss Grace says:

I always love this. And always declare that next year I will do it. (Next year I will do it)
    Miss Grace posted Thing I Made! Hat for Gabriel

24. Kateanon says:

Wow, everyone was so entertaining. Now I feel like a dope for getting too caught up in things to remember to record mine. Grr.

Thank you all for your Christmas contributions.
    Kateanon posted pipers piping

25. Absolutely beautiful, cute, delightful, endearing, funny, gorgeous, harmonious, incredible, jingly, kind, lovely, musical, nutty, omg, precious, quirky, radical, sweet, tender, unbelievable, vibrant, wonderful, xmas-y, yes it’s a word, zany :)

Happy Holidays to all!!!
    Liz @thisfullhouse posted Wordless Wednesday- Super Holidazed Alternate Title – Desperately Seeking My Holiday Mojo While Under the Influence of Jen Singer

26. Chookooloonks for the win!!! (and, Tanis’s son, Frac.)
    Gurukarm (@karma_musings) posted Why I’m Just Not Excited About Twitter Anymore…

27. Awww! So much fun. Thanks for doing this, Neil. The Monkey showed it to her whole class THREE times. They thought it was hilarious.
    Haley-O (Cheaty) posted Lucky

28. Helen Jane says:

Neil, you continue to make the internet a warmer, friendlier, more awesome place.
    Thank you thank you thank you.
    Helen Jane posted Looking back

29. Pingback: Happy Holidays: Me, my mom, and a rockin’ accordion! | Single Mom at Work | Work It, Mom!

30. Colleen says:

Just such a wonderful annual event. I can’t begin to decide what my favorite part is.
    Happy Holidays to everyone!!!

I can say I’m starting to wonder if I should learn to play the ukulele.
    Colleen posted Grace in Small Things – 103

31. Sandi says:

So much awesome! Thank you to everyone that contributed! And a huge thank you to Neil for putting this together!

32. What they said above. Well done, all of you!

33. niri says:

Love it – I made my video in 5 mins and rushed it over. Figured better bad than not at all. Thank you for doing such a beautiful round-up. A perfect community spirit!
    niri posted Tech Support For Dummies – Trust Me You’re Going To Need It! Win The Android Tablet

34. Caryn says:

Amazing — great work, Neil! Christmalhijrahanukwanzaakah lives! Wonderful efforts from all the participants. Here’s to a blessed season and a happy, healthy 2011 for everyone.

35. Neil, you are so great at bringing everyone together. I LOVE this, and although I’m a flake and never got my video made I appreciate you putting one of my photos in. (Actually it worked out for the best – I didn’t make anyone’s ears bleed!) Great job to all the participants and Neil – you’re a champ for pulling it all together! xo
    Twenty Four At Heart posted Beyond The Parties

36. Loukia says:

So very awesome! What talent! Like Pauline said – what a great community! Next year, Neil, I’ll sing a proper song!

Thanks for putting this together! xo

37. MainlineMom says:

Wow, this is amazing. I love our community so much :) Happy Holidays :)
    MainlineMom posted Top Ten Favorite Christmas Songs

38. subWOW says:

Thank you Neil for hosting yet another great party! True story: I let my son pick a video to watch (before bedtime) he picked YOURS! :-) We had fun! I just have one question: What’s up with the cabinet doors all open?! Were you frantically looking for something before the taping? :-)

Happy Christmalhijrahanukwanzaakah! And to the atheists and agnostics like myself, happy Winter Solstice! And Happy New Year everybody! Woohoo!
    subWOW posted Ants

39. Pingback: I need a vacation! | Avitable

40. Fadra says:

Finally finished checking out EVERYONE. It was so fun to watch and see. The whole event really just had a wide and open spirit. And so glad to participate (even though it completely blew my Monday afternoon and I swear the key was just a little too high… or something).
    Fadra posted All I Want For Christmas

41. Juli says:

Thanks to Neil for putting it together, and thanks to all the participants. So many talented bloggers! You have put the cheer in our holiday.
    Juli posted The Fifth Annual Blogger Christmalhijrahanukwanzaakah Concert

42. Pingback: “Incongruity Detected”

43. Pingback: | Raising Zoeyjane

44. Pingback: This Journey » Neilochka’s 5th Annual Holiday Concert

45. wow. i LOVE this. thank you all – this is amazing!! xoxo

46. SOOOOOOOO incredibly sad I did not participate this year!

But EVERYONE is awesome!

Happy holidays y’all! xo!