What’s So Wrong With Dating Short Men?

shortie.jpg

You can say a lot of bad things about how men are judgmental about women, but you can’t say that a man judges a woman by her height.  You’ll never see a man thinking to himself:

“Oh, wow.  She just took off her clothes and is beckoning to me to come into her bedroom.  She wants me to stay over and have sex with her tonight.  Dammit.  If only she wasn’t three inches shorter than me!  Better I just go home and watch “The Real Gilligan’s Island” on my Tivo.”

What is it with women and their obsession with a man’s height?  I don’t think I’ve read one “dating blog” where a woman didn’t complain about one of her date’s height.

“He was too short…”

“He definitely lied about his height in his Jdate profile…”

“If I wanted a midget, I would have fucked someone in the circus…”

What’s the big deal with you women?  Haven’t you ever heard the saying, “The best things come in small packages?”  Why do you really need a taller man?  It’s all in your head.  If you need to get something from the top of the refrigerator — that’s why they invented a step stool.

I’m not exactly sure why our culture considers it “better” for the man to be taller than the woman.  I looked it up on Google, thinking it may be related to our hunting and gathering days.  I didn’t find anything.

And wouldn’t it better if a hunter was shorter?  Who’s going to more easily hide behind that rock — Tattoo from Fantasy Island or basketball star Yao Ming?

Hollywood hasn’t help things for shorter men.  Even when a male star is short (and many of them are), they need to find a love interest that’s even shorter.  Every once in a while, I see a female celebrity shopping in a Beverly Hills supermarket or drinking a coffee in Starbucks.  It’s shocking to see how tiny they are.  I think in real life, Jennifer Aniston is like 3 feet tall!

One of my best friends from New York is a fairly short guy.  He’s married now, with two beautiful children.  His wife is taller than him, and she’s never complained.

coleman.jpg

In fact, when I see this picture of Gary Coleman, I think it would be great to be his height.  Never again would a woman say to me, “My eyes are right here, not down there.”

This entry was posted in Men and Women and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

495 Responses to What’s So Wrong With Dating Short Men?

1. Pingback: My Life as a Short Man Fraud | Citizen of the Month

2. the muskrat says:

You got it right.
    the muskrat posted an experiment

3. Sam says:

Thank you Jo-Anne 5’11 and Jossy 5’11 for speaking kindly and rewardingly about short men. Tall women like you two who say that you appreciate shorter guys are extremely rare, especially in western culture. I tip my hat to both of you with respect and I wish there were more tall ladies like yourselves who place less importance in a man’s height. Peace.

4. denise says:

Being a 5’11” TALL woman, I can honestly say the men that have approached me with the most confidence have always been men shorter than me. There’s something extremely sexy about a confident man.
    denise posted Eggnog Cake w/Eggnog Buttercream Recipe: Fabulous and Easy Holiday Dessert!

• Sam says:

Hi Denise!

First of all, nice picture!! You are a pretty woman yes indeedy!!

Gotta a question for you. Is there a difference between a confident short man and a confident taller man? I don’t believe confidence is measured by women equally between men of varying heights. Men are expected to be confident but more often the tall guys are given a free pass if they are shy or intimidated. Tall, shy guys have tremendous favour with women because his height trumps almost everything about him that is negative. Short guys are considered weak, wimpy and fragile if we come across as shy. NO woman wants that in a man. Nevertheless, confident tall men are still the studs, heartthrobs, the gold standard of what is considered an ideal man to the mass society of women. A confident short guy is more often cruelly attached with the short-man-syndrome, little-man-syndrome, or Napoleon complex which isn’t fair at all. If I was made to a be slave with no rights or freedoms, this wouldn’t be an issue to me. Why can’t I have goals or set levels of achievement for myself without being chastised for it on the basis of my height?

FYI I think it’s wicked sexy when a tall woman with confidence allows herself to approach any guy especially if he shorter than her. It’s a big time turn on to engage a tall woman in conversation who’s confortable with my short self in her personal space.

How short is too short for you?

5. instagram says:

What i don’t understood is in reality how you’re now not really a lot more smartly-liked than you may be now. You’re very intelligent. You know thus considerably when it comes to this matter, produced me personally imagine it from numerous varied angles. Its like women and men don’t seem to be fascinated until it is one thing to accomplish with Girl gaga! Your personal stuffs excellent. All the time take care of it up!
    instagram posted 1

6. puya says:

hello
    your text got me better … i’m a 28 years old guy .. never kissed any and by any.
    i’m look like 18 year boys .. i’m 160 cm with 50 kg ..
    so what can i do to have a girl friend and good sex?

7. Pingback: Davy Jones « In the Key of He

8. Heidi says:

I am not overly tall I don’t think at 5 feet 7 but I find shorter men more attractive than taller men. I tend to hide that sometimes though as experience has tried to teach me that because I am drawn to shorter men there is something wrong with me. (sigh)

9. John says:

Im a 22 year old male . Im 5’5 and i work in corrections . I’ve been with beautiful women ( with no kids or mental issues ) . People seem to think that tall people are incapable of getting their asses whooped by a short guy . Fact is , most of the people i’ve whooped , are tall . People also tend to think that short guys always get the single moms . Not in my case . I won’t date a single mom for nothing .

10. Ornello says:

I have a tall female friend who is 5′ 11″ and I am 5′ 3″. It’s awesome. We go out together and she wears high heels and I love it. I am rather ‘muscular’ so although I’m short I have a taller man’s physique and do not look wimpy at all/

11. Anonymous says:

I’m a 5’4 man. Yeah, it’s tough meeting women. It’s important to have a good attitude and avoid bringing up your height. I know your “attitude” is the not the reason why girls are avoiding you. It probably is your height. That is just how it is. But if you want any chance you better have a good attitude and be friendly and inviting. You need to go out and be visible and talk to women, introduce yourself politely with a smile and don’t worry about what she or anyone else thinks about how you look. Her body language will tell you to get lost or keep talking. Just take the cue. Offer her a drink and keep the conversation going if she is talking back. Women want attention just like you do. Try giving some to one to a women who is not being talked to and you may be surprised. You may not get to take her home that night but you have to keep throwing your line out there.

12. Kristopher says:

Have you ever considered about adding a little bit more than just your articles?
    I mean, what you say is fundamental and everything.

However just imagine if you added some great images or
    videos to give your posts more, “pop”! Your content is excellent but with pics and clips, this site
    could certainly be one of the most beneficial in its
    niche. Superb blog!