I’m not a fan of the ocean. It is too big, vast, dark, and scary. The tide will come in and swallow you up like a shark. But I am a Pisces. Two fishes swimming in opposite directions. I am drawn to the water. The grubby little pier in Redondo Harbor is so small that it feels like it belongs in some run-down New England seaside resort that has seen better days. Hollywood is far away. The celebrities go to Malibu, the tourists to Santa Monica. I like to watch the lazy fisherman, who spend the day dreaming of nothing, and catching even less, waiting for the sun to set.
Neil Kramer explores friendship, love, and sex, and the dangerous art of writing about it.
He lives in NYC. He can be contacted at neilochka on yahoo.
Subscribe by Email
- magpie on The Five Day Man Cold: The Final Chapter: squirrels hate low fat cream cheese, so i think you’re good.
- Father Muskrat on Walking in the Rain: I stood in the pouring rain on my birthday a few days ago. I had on a swimsuit. It was fun!
- Amy on Life with Mother: It appears you are the only one who thinks it is weird to live with your mother. It’s not like you never left. Or...
- sizzle on Walking in the Rain: This made me miss you. Someone needs to film you!
- Irish Gumbo on Walking in the Rain: Bittersweet, sad and funny. As many good things are. I really dug the video, Neil.