Neil Kramer explores friendship, love, and sex, and the dangerous art of writing about it.
He lives in NYC. He can be contacted at neilochka on yahoo.
Subscribe by Email
Photos for Sale
- Roxanne on Waiting and Acting: I’m stuck in a waiting place. I need to act, as well. DO something.
- Roxanne on Fictional Characters of New York #39: It’s interesting, because sometimes I read these in your voice and it doesn’t quite...
- Roxanne on Fictional Characters of New York — #38: I can’t look at statues without thinking about the weeping angels from Doctor...
- Jack on Waiting and Acting: As long as it doesn’t cause paralysis of analysis waiting can be useful.
- Bella on Waiting and Acting: Yep. While I will agree that waiting is good (for bursts of time), from action comes conversation, opportunities,...
Category Archives: Art and Design
If you know me, you know how hard it was for me to put up that revolving banner advertisement that was on my sidebar for the last two months. It was a good experience though, because it forced me to … Continue reading
It was the day before the annual BlogHer conference in Chicago. JC and I made plans to stroll down Michigan Avenue and explore the city. If you don’t know JC Little (The Animated Woman), take a look at her … Continue reading
She was crossing the street. She had short blond hair and was wearing black. She strutted like a hip, confident, young New Yorker that you might see in a magazine. She belonged here. As we passed each other in the … Continue reading
taken in Queens today I don’t know how to define art. Some say it is all in the intention of the artist. Others say it is whatever elicits a response. I googled “What is art?” but Google, being a prankster, … Continue reading
I’m not a fan of the ocean. It is too big, vast, dark, and scary. The tide will come in and swallow you up like a shark. But I am a Pisces. Two fishes swimming in opposite directions. I am … Continue reading
“Stand upright like a monument Walk upright like a solider And be upright like a man.” – a made-up quote
It was Sophia’s birthday on Saturday, and we went to LACMA (Los Angeles County Museum of Art). We had a great day together. “Are you two getting back together?” a friend texted me. “No,” I answered. “Just a fun … Continue reading
In the summer of 2010, I noticed that Schmutzie was posting photos with her iPhone. They had a different feel than the photos taken with her “real” camera. I downloaded Hipstamatic, her favorite photo app, but there were too many … Continue reading
November in NYC was balmy this year. I wore a t-shirt just two weeks ago, walking down Broadway. And then the tree went up in Rockefeller Center, the Christmas shoppers arrived, and winter finally arrived. I like how the photos … Continue reading