Sophia sometimes works with a interpreting and translation agency in Carmel, and she really likes the people who work there, but has never met any of them in person. So, today, after leaving San Francisco, we made a special detour just to visit the staff of Richard Schneider Enterprises in Carmel. Apparently, the bunch is as nice in person as they are on the phone. Have you ever seen a happier group of people? This is what you look like when you work in beautiful Carmel.
We were supposed to stay in Carmel for the night, but we decided we were homesick, even for ugly Los Angeles, so off we went… back home, fighting the traffic along the way.
So, we’re home! Home at last. It’s so wonderful to be looking out the window again, seeing the beautiful scenery and listening to the running water in the lovely creek outside our living room.
Wait. That’s not a creek I hear. That’s the broken toilet upstairs. And that photo is not from Los Angeles. That’s a photo I took at Applegate Lake near Ashland, Oregon, right before we stopped at that little cafe and drank some hot apple cider. Over here, we look into the living room of the five surfer dudes who live next to us, the ones who blast Nirvana at 2AM in the morning and leave bottles of Corona on the street.
But it’s good to be home… no more sharing a laptop with Sophia, which means MORE blogging!
All in all, we had a great time on our West Coast Bloggers Tour 2007.
It was a pleasure to meet so many of you. Now, it’s time to go to Danny’s and see the rest of my birthday cards and gifts! By the time I finish celebrating my birthday this year, it will be my NEXT birthday.
I apologize for not reading many blogs in the last two weeks. Now, it’s time for me to catch up with YOU. Once, when I went on vacation, I complained about finding it difficult to keep up with your blogs, and I asked you to help me keep connected by writing a quick summary of your lives in my comments.
Have you noticed that I didn’t ask you to do it for me during this trip?
The reason is that by now, I know you so well, I KNOW what you are writing about without having to actually read anything –
- 4 of you are depressed.
- 2 of you are having problems with your husband.
- 3 of you are having trouble with your teenage daughter.
- 2 of you are worried that your newborn baby is making you a boring person.
- 2 of you are worried about drinking too much chardonnay with other mothers during playtime.
- 4 of you need to get laid NOW!
- 1 of you did get laid, and it wasn’t very good.
- 3 of you are reading David Sedaris again.
- 2 of you think “Gilmore Girls” has jumped the shark.
- 2 of you are impressed with how the Google Reader is helping with your blog reading.
- 3 of you got drunk for the third time this week.
- 4 of you really hate George Bush.
- 2 of you are writing poems about your depression.
- 3 of you have been lazy and are just posting “funny” videos from YouTube.
- 2 of you went on bad dates with men who falsely described themselves as taller and richer on Match.com.
- 3 of you are badmouthing the “bitch” you ex-boyfriend is sleeping with.
- 5 of you are writing about the new shoes you just bought.
- 4 of you are describing your bikini wax.
- 5 of you are saying that you met Sophia and me, and liked Sophia better.
A Year Ago on Citizen of the Month: LA is So Laid Back