Neil Kramer explores friendship, love, and sex, and the dangerous art of writing about it.
He lives in NYC. He can be contacted at neilochka on yahoo.
Subscribe by Email
Photos for Sale
- Jack on Ten Years of Citizen of the Month – A Dedication: Always good to see some of the old timers have stuck it out. Mazal Tov on the...
- Akaky on Ten Years of Citizen of the Month – A Dedication: A happy tenth anniversary, Neil, and I trust that the next ten will be equally...
- kenju on Ten Years of Citizen of the Month – A Dedication: Happy blogiversary and happy birthday too. I think my 9th came up in January....
- Dave2 on Ten Years of Citizen of the Month – A Dedication: Congrats! It’s rare to find bloggers reaching this threshold any more.
- Otir on Ten Years of Citizen of the Month – A Dedication: It has been an honor to be your online friend and follower for all these years,...
Category Archives: Life with Sophia
It was March 2005, and my first two weeks of blogging. No one was reading Citizen of the Month, my “blog” named after a award that I frequently won in grade school for being such a goody-two-shoes. And without any … Continue reading
I haven’t spoken to Sophia in three months. I have been reluctant to mention this to you, fearing you think I am hopelessly pining for us to get back together, which is not the case at all. But I’m a … Continue reading
Wise men say, “Don’t air your dirty laundry,” so I’m not going to do that. But that doesn’t mean I can’t tell you about the clean, but still very wet laundry that was spinning in the dryer in the garage … Continue reading
In 2005, I separated from my wife. But it wasn’t a real separation because we still saw each other every day. In 2010, we decided that it was time to file for divorce. But her father-in-law became sick, so we … Continue reading
Facebook Chat from last week with my blogging friend, Jill, mother of three. ++++ Neil: Hi, Jill. Jill: Hey, Neil! What’s up? Neil: Can I talk to you about personal stuff? Jill: Sure. Neil: Sophia and I got our papers … Continue reading
If you were on Twitter or Facebook this weekend, and you follow my updates, you know how important the Oscars are to me. The watching of the Academy Awards is a ritual since childhood, when I watched the glamorous show … Continue reading
It was Sophia’s birthday on Saturday, and we went to LACMA (Los Angeles County Museum of Art). We had a great day together. “Are you two getting back together?” a friend texted me. “No,” I answered. “Just a fun … Continue reading
It was going to be our last Valentine’s Day “date night” as a married couple. We were going to attend a special film screening. Sophia’s former boss was unable to make it, so he gave the tickets to us. … Continue reading
Just because I haven’t been writing a lot on my blog doesn’t mean I haven’t been online. Ever since Sophia and I filed for divorce, I’ve been receiving advice from online friends near and far about how to proceed with … Continue reading