Neil Kramer explores friendship, love, and sex, and the dangerous art of writing about it.
He lives in NYC. He can be contacted at neilochka on yahoo.
Subscribe by Email
Photos for Sale
- Melinda on Ten Years of Citizen of the Month – A Dedication: Aww, happy blogging AND birthday. I loved meeting you in person last year. You...
- Jana on Ten Years of Citizen of the Month – A Dedication: Happy 10th and happy birthday, Neil. The Internet is a better place with you being...
- Kathy @ SMART Living 365.com on The Student of Arabic: Hi Neil, I haven’t been following you that long but I’m counting on you to...
- Maggie May on The Student of Arabic: Hah! Happy Anniversary Neil, I’m so glad you’re here.
- hello haha narf on The Student of Arabic: you rock. always have, always will. happy 10!
Tag Archives: blogging
It was March 2005, and my first two weeks of blogging. No one was reading Citizen of the Month, my “blog” named after a award that I frequently won in grade school for being such a goody-two-shoes. And without any … Continue reading
I’m not big on crowds. My experiences with conferences tend to revolve around hanging with one or two people who I strongly connect with for one reason or another. This year, at BlogHer, that person was JC, the Animated … Continue reading
I had no idea anyone would watch this video outside of my Facebook friends, so I didn’t put it on my blog, which means, of course, that YouTube and Facebook got all the traffic instead. If there is one thing … Continue reading
In July, I received an email from an online editor asking me if she could include one of my NYC Instagram photos in a post about “the best Instagram shots of the month.” “Sure,” I said. “Why not?” A few … Continue reading
I didn’t read many blogs when I started Citizen of the Month in March, 2005. My initial model for my blog was the late Andy Rooney of “60 Minutes.” Every day I would write a short post based on some … Continue reading
1) THE PANEL During the BlogHer conference, I participated in a panel about blogging with my friends Schmutzie and Laurie. The session was supposed to be a conversation, not a lecture, so we kept the pre-planning to a minimum, … Continue reading
Facebook Chat from last week with my blogging friend, Jill, mother of three. ++++ Neil: Hi, Jill. Jill: Hey, Neil! What’s up? Neil: Can I talk to you about personal stuff? Jill: Sure. Neil: Sophia and I got our papers … Continue reading
I’ve been blogging since 2005 without an “about page.” I was advised by a close friend that I NEED ONE before BlogHer. “It is even more important that having pretty business cards and comfortable shoes,” she said. I’m terrible at … Continue reading
Hi. Today is Wednesday, May 23, 2012. It is a sunny day in California. Today is also the day I have decided to end the personal writing blogosphere as we know it. Sure, it will continue on in the same … Continue reading