Our Genitalia are our Friends

cactus

I kvetched about my current man cold on Facebook, and how I was stuck in bed sick, and then felt embarrassed about it. What kind of wimpy image am I presenting to others? So, I updated my status and said that I wasn’t going to be a “pussy” anymore. I was going to get out of bed, go to the Chinese restaurant, and get myself some soup. I didn’t need NO WOMAN to take care of me when I have a cold.

The comments were supportive, but one online friend, Maddie, had this to say —

While not offended I often wonder why being weak is associated with the word “pussy”… which of course is slang for female genitalia… I mean if anything that word should be a sign of strength… not many things can push out a 8-11 pound little human and be ready for use again a couple of days/weeks later!”

He comment blew me away. She was right! I immediately apologized and said I would never use the word “pussy” as a synonym for weakness again. After all, it is woman, not the man, who pushes past the cold and doesn’t cry over a few sniffles. It is the woman who is usually the stronger sex, juggling work and family. Besides, what man in his right mind wants to associate the word “pussy” with a negative trait? Is there anything more gorgeous than a woman’s Holy Grail? Men bow before a woman’s pussy. Men have launched a thousand ships for a woman’s pussy. The most ardent atheist has yelled “Thank you, God Almighty,” when his dreams of a woman’s pussy come true.

Pussies are beautiful and strong. Pussies are LIFE.

When someone holds the door for me when I walk into a supermarket and gives me a smile that warms the very center of my soul, I should be able to say “You, kind soul, are a Pussy,” and both of us understand it as the ultimate compliment of gratitude.

Pussies rock, and we should stop using this word as an expression of weakness or incompetence.

flower

But let’s turn to a more controversial subject — and his name is Dick. We all agree that pussy represents goodness and Life. So why do we continue to continue to associate “dick” with the most vilest of human beings. If a guy is arrogant, he is a dick. If he a cheat, a two-timer, a philanderer, obnoxious, a back-stabber, or just plain unpleasant — we think of him as a dick. Javet in Les Miserable is a dick. That crazy anti-gay pastor is a dick. Lance Armstrong was a dick. Why such hatred for the poor Dick? Isn’t he important too? Why not off-Broadway shows for him on Valentine’s Day?

Much like the female genitalia, the male version is an amazing work of heavenly architecture. It grows. It moves. It does tricks. It impregnates. There are a million dildos and sex toys on the market, but most women would still prefer the human dick. Just like the pussy, the dick SHOULD represent love and affection and procreation — everything that makes life worthwhile.

Let’s embrace our genitalia and see them as friends. Let’s turn our pussies and dicks from insults into expressions of joy and love!

“Thank you, for holding the door for me. You are a real pussy.”

“Oh, no problem. I love that shirt you wearing. It makes you look like a total dick.”

“Really, I’m glad you like it. I bought it at Nordstrom’s, you asshole.”

“Oh, really. They have such nice stuff. Have a nice day, you fucker.”

Now imagine that as beautiful. That is the world I want to live in.

This entry was posted in Literary, Men and Women and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Our Genitalia are our Friends

1. I think I need to huff more cold medication to fully appreciate this post. That or get laid.
    Redneck Mommy posted Sugar Baby

2. abigail.road says:

This is the best thing I’ve read on the internet all day!
    abigail.road posted Grace in Small Things #80

Yiddish has a ton of derogatory terms that are synonyms for penis (shmuck, shvons, shmeckel, etc.) but I don’t think any for female genitalia. Not sure what the lesson is there…

• Neil says:

Interesting. Maybe it says something about Jewish insecurity that most of the dick terms are more about being dumb or a loser than being arrogant?

4. Kim says:

I can totally get behind this idea. Ya big dick.

5. I love the way your mind works.
    V-Grrrl @ Compost Studios posted Dining room and kitchen update: part 2

6. laura says:

The commentary at the end is the best thing I’ve read in a while. Thank you.

7. Kizz says:

Yes, I absolutely want to live in this world you describe.
    Kizz posted Underaggerating

8. MissingMolly says:

Oh my God, how funny. I was just talking with my husband about this very thing the other day.

Not only do I agree about the derogatory use of of the word pussy–and dick, too, if we’re being fair–but I’d also prefer that they not be regarded as “dirty” or “foul.” (Of course, it depends on the individual pussy/dick, doesn’t it?)

I love this post so much I want to rub up against it. Thanks for making me smile.

9. Linda says:

I asked, “What is the male equivalent of ‘chick flick’?

Best response…” dick flick!”

sullimaybe.wordpress.com

10. Maddie says:

Well holy shit… I am famous for now going the whole mile and being quoted for using the word pussy in front of the whole wide world…. I can pretty much assume that my dad is rolling in his urn at the very thought! :)

Maddie

11. Jody says:

Maybe it’s southern Yiddish slang but we used the term mutsy (pronounced mut-see) for pussy.

12. A'Driane says:

As a woman I found this hilariously brillant, and spot on.

As a mother of two young boys, I found this statement “If we want our boys to grow up to be respectful and loving, especially when it comes to their relationships with women, why continue to see their sex organs as aggressive and hateful jerks rather than George Clooney-types — fun-loving, happy-go-lucky and extremely handsome gifts from Mother Nature?” to be enlightening.
    A’Driane posted Groove is in My Heart

13. Megan says:

Clearly you are a visionary. And a total dick.
    Megan posted Luminosity

14. kevin says:

You sir, are a giant pussy and a marvelous dick.

Also. This post is fucked.

Brilliant.
    kevin posted I really like the iPad Mini. A lot.

15. Sarah Piazza says:

One day later… and I’m *still* laughing!
    Sarah Piazza posted On Words That Broke Our Bones

16. I haven’t laughed this hard in days. As I continue to recover from a vicious cold and flu, I will think of this and laugh even harder.

Thank you.