Off to Las Vegas for the weekend, so my Friday post is early. I’m meeting some bloggers, which always causes me some anxiety. But why should I be the one always talking about my insecurity and self-esteem problems? I’m curious to learn about your main anxieties about being a blogger. Pick the one neurotic obsession that best fits you — the statement that best explains why blogging is an unhappy place for you at times, rather than a joy. Have fun, suckers!
1) My writing is not as good as other bloggers.
2) I don’t get as many comments as other people.
3) I am not included in the name-dropping and lists of all the “cool” bloggers who everyone seems to know.
4) I really like and respect the work of some blogger, and comment all the time on her blog, and this person doesn’t give a shit about me.
5) It is important that I network only with the cool people, even though I feel guilty about ignoring the bloggers who “don’t matter” as much.
6) All my new friends online ARE cool, but my old unpopular friends still bug me, thinking I still want to hang out with them, which I don’t.
7) I never get invited to go on any free cruises, and feel bad that everyone blogs about their great time.
8.) I never get invited to write on any paying sites or Kirtsy books, even those who do are frequently crappy writers.
9) No one ever recommends me on Twitter’s “FollowFriday.”
10) Neilochka has never asked to see me wearing only a bra and glasses.
11) Everyone forms cliques and ignores me.
12) Everyone thinks of me as a mommyblogger, and nothing more substantial.
13) No one thinks of me a true mommyblogger.
14) I can’t be totally honest online about my personal life, because I don’t want my family to read it, so I feel like a fraud.
15) I’m afraid of expressing my feelings about certain subjects on line because I will upset some big blogger, and fear being ostracized by her friends.
17) Fear of coming to the conclusion that I am an untalented loser.