As someone who loved going to school, September was my favorite month. I would buy new clothes, a new notebook, new pens. It was a new beginning. Maybe because the Jewish New Year was also usually early in September, it always felt more like "the new year" than January 1. It was a time to take stock of yourself and to think about the future.
Lately, my mind has been flooded with random questions. At times, I feel bogged down with all these thoughts. Then I realized — what am I worrying about — I am a blogger! I now know other bloggers. Let me put my concerns on their shoulders and have them worry for me!
You’re a motley crew — some married, some single, some young, some old, some straight, some gay, some liberal, some conservative, some Americans, some foreigners, some just plain crazy. If I just throw out some odd things on my mind, maybe someone will have an answer to one or more of the questions, and help me ease my mind. Feel free to do the same on your blog, because I’d love to help you answer your own burning questions about life.
1. Sometimes I forget my grammar while blogging, like where to put the apostrophe. Does anyone recommend that popular book on puncutation, Eats, Shoots, and Leaves?
2. I haven’t smoked pot since I was fifteen years old. If I wanted to try it with Sophia, where do adults buy pot?
3. Has anyone actually found a new job by using Monster.com or Hot Jobs?
4. When you work as a freelance editor or designer, how much money do you ask up front?
5. Do you read other blogs one by one, or do you use an aggregator like Bloglines?
6. Now that I’m a bachelor again, is there a good website for simple, easy recipes for meals for one person?
7. Can I consider Heinz ketchup a vegetable?
8. Would it be smart to buy a hybrid car now or wait until the technology is perfected?
9. Are there any vitamins that you consider essential to take every day for your health?
10. What is your favorite hotel to stay in at Las Vegas?
11. What is the best time to visit Paris?
12. Which is a good ski resort to go to for someone who has never skied before?
13. What is the best oatmeal?
14. If I want to buy a gift for my friend’s 8 month old baby, would I buy the clothes to fit now or the next size up so he’ll grow into it?
15. If I were swimming at Santa Monica Beach and I saw a shark, what would be the first thing I would do?
16. Are those new N-routers for wireless internet really any faster?
17. Are those ‘natural light’ lamps that they sell at ‘The Sharper Image’ a waste of money?
18. Does anyone actually have an ergonomically correct computer set-up?
19. What type of flowers do women like to get on a date?
20. Do you feel guilty if you do an illegal download of a song?
21. How do people dust in those hard to reach places?
22. How do you motivate yourself to go to the gym three times a week?
23. With so many books out there, how do you choose what book to read next?
24. Should I contact my former agent and think about writing for TV again, or should I try something new?
25. If Sophia and I divorce and start dating other people, will they be uncomfortable if we are still good friends?
26. If I lie outside on my terrace naked, would I actually put sunscreen on my penis?
27. If I took a potential job offer in New York, would I miss my car and a bigger apartment for 1/2 the price?
28. After a job interview, do you send a thank you note in the mail or an email?
29. Is Direct TV really cheaper than cable?
30. Will I ever be able to buy a home in California or should I move somewhere else?
31. Is a mojito as good as they say?
32. I’ve never had a one-night stand. When I am older, will I regret never having this experience?