Grace in Small Things: Part 1

1. I healed myself back to health without depending on the goodness of a woman.

2) I’ve been splurging on myself with the iphone, the trip to Chicago, and the more expensive ice cream at the supermarket.

3) My Mead Composition books. Not sure why I love them so much. Maybe the connection to childhood.

4) That Schmutzie is going to laugh when she sees that I finally did one of these Grace in Small Things, and that makes me laugh.

5) Peeing in the shower this morning, just because I could.

This entry was posted in Life in General and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Grace in Small Things: Part 1

1. Marinka says:

I want to hear more about the ice cream.

2. sizzle says:

What flavor ice cream?

3. Momo Fali says:

Number one made me smile. Good for you.

4. Chris says:

I pee in the shower sometimes too. When I was in high school my Dad told me to pee in the locker room shower. He said it would kill the athlete’s foot that all the other kids were spreading by not wearing flip-flops.

Chris, didn’t soliders use to pee on their wounds when they didn’t have first aid? I say pee gets a bad rap!

6. Poppy Buxom says:

Peeing in the shower?? But don’t you want to save it for the swimming pool?

Poppy – It’s winter. And when I live in Redondo Beach, the place is the pacific ocean, not the swimming pool.

8. Chris says:

I think so… On a Survivor episode, one of the contestants was bitten by a jellyfish and requested a teammate pee on his bite – his foot, I think. Pee is good.

9. Nancy says:

I was just discussing peeing in the shower with someone the other day (don’t ask) and yes, I have been known to take aim at the drain.

What brand ice cream?

10. Janna says:

I think inquiring minds want to know what kind of ice cream?

Big fan of the composition books. That and spring loaded pens. I’ve always loved school supplies though.

11. patty says:

i wish i loved mead composition books more than moleskin journals.

alas, i do not.

it’s an expensive fix.

12. Jane says:

Not all women like to play mother. I would have thrown soup on your head, and made you take your blankets and misery to your own room. I’m nurturing like that. And if I knew you peed in the shower? You’d be out on the street with your notebooks and iPhone, sharing your ice cream with the dirty old men you’d have to realy on to keep you safe from the dirtier ones.

13. Annie says:

I loved them all, but the last one made me laugh. Happy Valentine’s Day a little early.

14. AnnieH says:

Embrace grace where you can find it. It’s all good…:>)

15. mommyknows says:

I think soldiers in Vietnam were told to pee on their feet daily to prevent jungle rot. I think it’s a fungus like althelete’s foot.

16. Maura says:

Bravo! I’m glad you decided to give it a whirl. Your items made me smile. :-)

17. Um. J had to pee and I was on the toilet, so he peed in the sink. We’d also just had 5 shots in about 10 minutes. Of alcohol. So we can excuse it by blaming it on drunky. So peeing in the shower is totally tame.