Outraged over this year’s Starbucks red cups not being Christmasy enough?
There is one institution that never fails to produce the holiday spirit — yes, it is time for the official announcement of the Tenth Annual Blogger Christmahanukwanzaakah Online Holiday Concert, all new, all exciting for 2015!
The Last Concert.
TEN years! Can you believe it? This is going to be the blockbuster concert we have been waiting for!
Here are the past blockbuster concerts —
This year’s concert will take place on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 right here on this blog.
It is time to hear YOU PERFORM! YOU are the CONCERT. That gives you about a month to work your magic.
Interested? Sign up in the comment to perform. Bloggers past, present, and future are all welcome. It would be a special honor to have former performers return one more time. Be part of this long-running tradition!
1. Create a video (or audio) file of you performing a holiday song. If you need technical help, ask me.
2. You must be performing in the audio or video. Don’t cheat and have your cute kids doing all the work.
3. You can sing, play an instrument, recite poetry, dance the Nutcracker, or write a symphony.
4. Once completed, post the video on a place like YouTube and send me the link. Or just send me the file via Dropbox or email, and I will post it on YouTube. Try to get me all files and links by Monday, December 14, 2015, two days before the concert! That gives you plenty of time to be creative.
5. If you are too wimpy to sing a song, send me a holiday photo for concert decoration. It could be of your tree, menorah, or plain ol’ winter solstice if you are a heathen.
6. The comment section is the sign-up sheet. By signing up, we can see who is performing what, so we can avoid having ten versions of “Jingle Bells.”
7. Most importantly — don’t be intimidated if you can’t sing. We like to laugh at you.
Join us in the longest-running holiday concert online — The Blogger Christmahanukwanzaakah Online Holiday Concert, in it’s TENTH and FINAL blockbuster performance!
Skating by Vince Guaraldi performed by Angela Reiner Downing of Fluid Pudding