There will be no sponsors. There will be no causes.
There will be no mentions of number of Twitter followers or academic degrees.
There will just be singing.
And the celebration of this 21st Century village, this online world, where diverse individuals from around the globe have access to one another almost 24/7, and where friendships have no barriers.
It is time for the announcement of theÂ Eighth Annual Blogger Christmahanukwanzaakah Online Holiday Concert, all new, all exciting for 2013!
The online concert this year will take place on December 17, 2013, one month from today, right here on this blog.
It is time to hear YOU PERFORM! Â YOU are the CONCERT.
Sign up in the comments today.
1. Â Create an audio file or a video file of you performing a holiday song.Â If you need technical help, ask me.
2. Â You must be performing in the audio or video. Â Don’t cheat and have your cute kids doing all the work.
3. Â You can sing, play an instrument, recite poetry, dance the Nutcracker, or create music on your iPhone.
4. Â Once completed, you have the choice of posting it on your blog or YouTube and sending me the link, or emailing me the complete multimedia file. Â Try to get me everything by Sunday, December 15, 2013, two days before the concert! Â That gives you plenty of time to be creative.
5. Â If you don’t want to sing a song, send me a holiday photo for concert decoration. Â It could be of your tree, menorah, or plain ol’ winter solstice if you are a heathen.
6. Â The comment section is the sign-up sheet. Â Â By signing up, we can see who is performing what, so we can avoid having ten versions of “Frosty the Snowman.”
7. Â Most importantly — don’t be intimidated if you can’t sing. Â Â We like to laugh at you.
8. Â Here are the past blockbuster concerts —
Join us in the longest-running holiday concert online –Â The Blogger Christmahanukwanzaakah Online Holiday Concert, now in it’s eighth season!
Good luck! Â You have a month.