Holy Holy Elevator

It’s a little difficult publishing real-life posts lately, but I do enjoy fooling around with writing, mostly because it is relaxing, and I feel like a schoolkid doodling in a notebook.   So consider this a doodle.

Holy, Holy Elevator

Oh Lord, if these my final days
Of gray and cloudy weather
Take me to your Heaven’s Door
Aboard your Elevator.

I climb aboard; there is no fear
My hair has long been graying
I think I hear the Beatles
Ah yes, Muzak is a-playing.

I feel the gears are shifting
I tense to feel more steady
I hear the carriage lifting!
Oh, King, I am so ready!

Rising, Rising, Rising
We ride upwards so so high
I cannot tell you how or what
Or who or when or why.

Holy Holy Elevator
One button, one address.
I yearn to see my final home
And feel my wife’s caress.

This entry was posted in Literary and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Holy Holy Elevator

1. Momo Fali says:

They say getting there is half the fun, but I’m hoping for a swift ride. The express elevator, if you will.

2. sarah says:

i love the line “one button, one address.”

It’s a really beautiful doodle, Neil.
    sarah posted Glad I Didnt Renew that Subscription to TIME Magazine

3. Very nice doodle indeed. My doodles used to involve penis flowers. I think I need therapy.
    The Mom(aka Amy) posted Dear Lindsay Lohan- shut up- please

4. Mamie says:

Not sure I am getting in any elevators with you at Blogher.

5. Bon says:

the very first poem i ever wrote was about elevators and escalators, both of which were discoveries i made during a trip to the “big” city of Halifax in second grade. i still remember most of the poem.

yours is better.
    Bon posted at the red light

6. Pingback: Tweets that mention Holy Holy Elevator | Citizen of the Month -- Topsy.com

7. Jack says:

Can’t decide if it is more fun to go up or go down.
    Jack posted She Is My Girl

8. C... says:

I hope your elevator goes all the way to the top ;)
    C… posted Revelations of my own

9. You’re sweet, Neil. This is too.
    sweetsalty kate posted good writers dont

10. Gwen says:

It’s curious what doodles reveal. Can you tackle penis flowers next? Those sound neat-o.
    Gwen posted Mind Your Manners

11. flutter says:

I like this doodle, it meanders nicely
    flutter posted The fairytale

12. Mamie says:

I am not getting in any elevators with you at Blogher, okay?
    Mamie posted Sometimes

13. wendy says:

2 things from my early morning “would be therapist” head….

1. You always quantify your poetry….as doodles, etc. shouldn’t do that, my friend.

2. an homage to your father in law? so very touching, funny, and kinda nostalgic. I
    know it has me thinking that I hope my husband would look forward to my embrace, rather than a break from my nagging.

14. Rima says:

That was a pretty deep doodle. I wish I could doodle like that.
    Rima posted Joie de Vivre