I found this on Wikipedia, under “codependent” —
Codependents Anonymous offers these patterns and characteristics as a tool to aid in self-evaluation.
Here are my answers.
* I have difficulty identifying what I am feeling.
Not really. I am pretty self-aware about my own emotions.
* I minimize, alter or deny how I truly feel.
* I perceive myself as completely unselfish and dedicated to the well being of others.
Oh, my god. It can be painful to worry about others.
Low Self Esteem Patterns:
* I have difficulty making decisions.
Fuck yeah. FUCK YEAH. But I have gotten much better over the years.
* I judge everything I think, say or do harshly, as never “good enough.”
In writing, yes. In life, no. OK, I lied. Yes.
* I am embarrassed to receive recognition and praise or gifts.
I think I have overcome this issue over the years.
* I do not ask others to meet my needs or desires.
Sad, but true. Getting better.
* I value others’ approval of my thinking, feelings and behavior over my own.
* I do not perceive myself as a lovable or worthwhile person.
I am lovable and worthwhile. To myself. Not as confident when I’m with you.
* I compromise my own values and integrity to avoid rejection or others’ anger.
* I am very sensitive to how others are feeling and feel the same.
* I am extremely loyal, remaining in harmful situations too long.
Jumping off a bridge.
* I value others’ opinions and feelings more than my own and am afraid to express differing opinions and feelings of my own.
Not at all. I can actually be quite combative and argumentative.
* I put aside my own interests and hobbies in order to do what others want.
* I accept sex when I want love.
* I believe most other people are incapable of taking care of themselves.
I worry about that. It is an annoying trait.
* I attempt to convince others of what they “should” think and how they “truly” feel.
I’ll let Sophia answer this.
* I become resentful when others will not let me help them.
* I freely offer others advice and directions without being asked.
Isn’t this good?
* I lavish gifts and favors on those I care about.
Nah. I should do that more.
* I use sex to gain approval and acceptance.
Striking out on sex questions.
* I have to be “needed” in order to have a relationship with others.
(on a second reading, I’m wondering if I am going down the wrong track)