My Current To Do List, October 2009

(in order of immediate importance)

1. Write This Script and Send to LA
  21. Blog Better
  22. Learn How to Use All the Buttons On My Camera
  23. Attend BlogHer 2010
  24. Catch Up on Mad Men
  25. Add More Apps to My Iphone

105.  Spend More Time On Twitter

This entry was posted in Life in General and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

39 Responses to My Current To Do List, October 2009

1. bon says:

some of your goals, like “live in NY or LA” and “get an agent” read to me like weird magical things other people get to decide but which are still totally out of my range of options. which i suppose is untrue, and yet you might as well have written “get a fairy godmother”, so far removed are they from things i have a clue about how to do.

i suppose you can be my model. since you’re all glamourous, and all. :) at least from here. thanks Neil.

2. sizzle says:

I love this. I think I need to do one too.

3. Heather says:

Again…the rice cooker is SOOOO last weekend!
    If you find out a way to make more money, will you share your findings with your friends…
    (and you totally forgot “be bitchy”)

Bon – If you only knew how many people would — in a second — trade to live where you do, and breathe in the cold Canadian sea air –

Heather — maybe I will move that rice cooker up to number three. Before the naked woman, I am going to need some rice.

6. That’s an ambitious to-do list, and totally INTERESTING. Good luck with all of it!

7. rougeneck says:

Sorry Neil but rice cookers are overrated. I’d give you mine but oh yeah I left it with my ex when we separated because it was one of those useless things I registered for when we got married but then never used. I can tell you how to make rice pilaf in a saucepan that will have you swooning. Meanwhile, flossing nightly is quite admirable. Best of luck with that!

8. ACG says:

#6 – I think once this is done you’ll feel like a weight has been removed.

#10 – No need for a rice maker, I’ll teach you a foolproof method for making the best rice… easy peasy.

#19 – I make a mean kugel. I even make the noodles from scratch – easier than it sounds. Do you prefer sweet or savory?

Do you really need #12 if you can find the answer to #6?

9. ozma says:

I love this list. #2 especially.

#4 YES! #7 appeals to me.

You could combine these, also, for simplicity. Find a naked woman therapist who will let you touch her and who knows how to make noodle kugel, for example.

10. Nenette says:

As a Filipina who loves the wash-n-go aspect of cooking rice with a rice cooker, I’m all for your #10!… but yeah, making it in a regular pot is pretty easy too. Unless you make rice every single day for every single meal, it may not be worth it for you to invest in a whole new too-specialized appliance.

Lovely list, Neil… I need to work on mine as well. Some things from your list that need my focus are 2, 4, 5, 7, 11, 21… 9? meh, I don’t know — I do know my husband would get a kick out of it. :)

11. headbang8 says:

I’m in the pro rice-cooker camp.

12. Fran says:

I don’t see “update twitter profile picture” or “study meditation/medication”. Maybe you’re like me. I amend my to-do list at the end of the day to include the stuff I actually did.

I love the new picture!

13. Loukia says:

Can I fill in some of the missing numbers?

26. Watch Glee! It will make you happy.
    27. Live in NYC. You’re a NYC guy.
    28. Visit Canada. People are super friendly here and lots of great bloggers live here!
    29. Go to Greece and relax on the islands.
    30. Nothing else for now… just… good luck!

14. Headless Mom says:

I love my rice cooker…I recently learned that I could boil water in it too. Good for those party days. Or whatever.

15. Iron Fist says:

If you figure out a good way to pull off #9 please be sure to let the rest of us guy bloggers know.

16. With regard to #21, how could you possibly blog better??? You are already the most entertaining and fabulous blogger I have ever read. Truly.

17. leah says:

good luck with that list. let me know when you execute #20, i’ll leave the light on for you :)

18. Tuck says:

Zojirushi!!

19. ingrid says:

does #15 as a goal inform your real feelings about #6?

i think that writing this list is very brave. you are awesome.

20. tysdaddy says:

Be careful whilst attempting #9. They slap . . . hard!

21. hmmmmmm…maybe a Bucket List would be more fun??
    …and forgetabout the rice cooker. It’s way easier to cook rice in a regular old saucepan. Less dry, too.

22. sarah g says:

Hopefully:
    -Visit Sophia (friend)
    -Resolve things with Sophia
    -Make a good decision (regarding how to fix things)
    -Move in with her
    -Therefore touch a naked woman
    -Afterwards; snuggle and watch MadMen.

Done…5, 6, 7, 9, 14 and 15 are done.

..and we know that she helps you blog better, you’ll go to a therapist together, you can do a ‘yay we’re together’ trip to the South and go to theater together. That finishes a lot of those :) I’m a ‘happy ever after gal’ (i almost said happy ending..that isnt the same)

23. Chris says:

I think if you divide and conquer, in order of importance, you’ll do great if you knock out two or three in the top ten.

I don’t think you need a rice cooker. I got rid of mine [a very nice one] because it was an extra appliance that took up space. I make great rice on the stove. It’s very easy.

I want to learn how to use all the buttons on my camera, and all the pretty things on my Mac.

24. You want #9? Do #3. I’m freaking out over here.

25. Kelly says:

Ah, the rice cooker, I agree with the earlier comment…so last weekend. That said I just bought a ‘fuzzbuster’ as a result of a recent ticket and may go buy a boombox this weekend.

26. Alissa says:

First off – I don’t know how I survived without my rice cooker for so long – Evan and I got it for our wedding 2 years ago and it makes the best rice ever! Also, I’ve been dying to make this Noodle Kugel http://smittenkitchen.com/2008/10/my-familys-noodle-kugel/ and I’m not even Jewish!

27. Corina says:

Good list. I am afraid to approach my own. I have unrealistic expectations of myself. That is why I cower under my desk.

28. harmzie says:

Rice: 2C Water, 1C white rice, 1/2 tsp salt.

Bring to boil, stir with fork, turn heat to low, cover with lid and SET A TIMER for 15 minutes. Do not touch (unless boiling over, then just temp lift lid until simmering).

When timer goes off, remove from heat, stir, replace lid & set aside for 5 more minutes. Best. Rice. Ever.

There, just saved you $25-70. You can use it to buy me a drink when you come to Canada (#28). Also, if you still want (after trying the foolproof method above), you can have our rice cooker – bought a fancy one and went back to the above method. It’s yours for the price of a second drink – here.

29. Gwen says:

Actually keep #105 where it is, and the rest of it might get done.

30. schmutzie says:

DO NUMBER EIGHT, NEIL.

31. C... says:

Visit me in the South, I am from L.A. and I don’t know how to use all the buttons on my Cannon. :(

32. Deidre says:

Re: Rice Cooker – I’d only get a rice cooker if you like to make rice for more than one person at a time. It does not make single serve (or even two serve) rice well.

33. Pingback: Citizen of the Month » Insecurity and The Online Community

34. New York is were you outta stay!

35. Shouldn’t “Learn to Make A Really Good Noodle Kugel” be #1?
    Everything else makes total sense.

36. John says:

Salutations !

If you really like rice, get a rice cooker. Not ’cause of ‘better result’ so much as ‘load, push switch, and forget till done’. Check thrift stores / porch sales. Got mine at one, about 25 years ago (Has it been that @#$%*& long ago ????). Hear newer ones have more bells and whistles. If mine ever quits…

37. Ed says:

Good luck all you folks with “to do list” I have one on a post it note on my monitor that was for a house I no longer live in. See …. procrastination DOES work

38. Wow, people have a lot of feelings about rice cookers, Neil. You’ve tapped a major cultural nerve, here. It’s getting more play than sex, love and art. Who knew?