BlogHer09 Recap (With Photos!)

fashion

drinking
DRINKING

cliques
CLIQUES

support
SUPPORT

This entry was posted in Blogging and the Internet and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

104 Responses to BlogHer09 Recap (With Photos!)

1. ingrid says:

next year … i MUST come

2. Natalie says:

Oh goodness, all my favorite things.

Next year, I must go. Blogher10 or bust!

3. Great recap. Although I thought the cliques looked better than those guys.

4. Donna says:

I’m glad you finally made it to BlogHer (although sorry it was one of the ones *I* couldn’t get to). Maybe I’ll finally meet you next year in NYC.

5. Kari says:

p.s. Loved your storytelling panel at BlogHer too. I got a lot out of it, so thanks!

6. Kellyology says:

Bwhahaha…best recap yet.

7. Stimey says:

Dammit. Which suite was that in?

8. eliz says:

Reading your tweets (and now seeing this excellent recap) about your impressions of BlogHer was almost better than experiencing BlogHer myself. It was quite a weekend, no? Sorry I didn’t meet your or go to your panel, but I agree with Sarah – there was a dearth of actual writing sessions, and unfortunately virtually the only two were happening at once.

I also echo Ellen B.

9. churlita says:

I thought it was in Chicago, not Oz. I still kind of think of Chicago as the land of Oz anyway.

10. Kerri Anne says:

Perfect. It was so great to meet you, good sir.

11. Maya says:

OMG I LOVED THIS!

12. Matthew says:

All this bs about “story telling” and you do this. I hate you.

(But really like this post)

You could be in my clique anytime. Can I be the guy in blue? I like his hair better.

13. Pingback: BlogHer Round-Up: Swag is the New Black « PR MAMA by Stephanie Smirnov

14. So bummed I didn’t meet you and this is the BEST BlogHer recap I’ve read so far. Love it!

15. Like any good movie, one that you want to watch again–you need trouble making.

Blogher wouldn’t be blogher if not for the drama. Oh the drama. It is a womans meet up after all.

16. Miguelina says:

Oooh, I like your shoes!

17. Yeah, that clique of self-righteous, self-aggrandizing, blogging ho’ Oompah Loompahs really pissed me off. Otherwise, the conference was great.

Also? It was great “Bump”ing iPhones with you. And attending your panel on Storytelling. You, my friend, rock.

18. I’m so happy you followed the yellow brick road and came to Chicago!

19. Chris says:

My favorite movie of all time. I’m glad BlogHer was THAT good. :-)

20. This is so, so, perfect! Of course, I found myself over analyzing even this ….
    Hugs!

21. gorillabuns says:

so, tell me how you really feel? and BTW: did you see any boobs?

22. Avitable says:

What, no “Burgers with Avitable” image from that one scene from Oz? Fucker.

Love it, this is my kind of post!! That said, I’m dying to hear more about your workshop and your general impressions of that event that I can’t imagine ever attending. What was it like being in the testosterone minority?

24. Velma says:

I love this so much that I don’t even care that you don’t remember meeting me the first time. Heh.

25. vodkamom says:

Do you still have my shoes?

26. Vicki says:

At least it wasn’t Apocalypse Now. Thanks. This is great. Now, for a full recap, please!

27. Pingback: BlogHer recap roundup » mamikaze

28. I bet poppies leave you with less of a hangover.

Great meeting you!

29. love the shoes, but that is the creepiest movie i’ve ever seen, which makes me worry about what blogher was really like, hopefully, no flying monkies, eek!

30. Mocha says:

Shit. When you’re clever like this I sorta hate it. You jerk.

31. Only Aman says:

wait… which one am I?

32. Cara says:

Pure awesomeness.

33. Yup – that pretty much sums it up!

Soooo bummed I didn’t get to hang with you. I saw you at Mama Pop but then you were gone. Or was I gone? Can’t remember now.

34. I’ve figured out all the others, but who was Toto?

35. Janie says:

I don’t think you could have summed it up any better! I wasn’t there but I can only imagine.

36. LetterB says:

Lovely, precise, and true, Neil. I’m a little sad to be back in black and white. Wonderful meeting you, darling.

37. Karl says:

I know I’m late to the party, dude, but I don’t read recaps until after MINE is written. Enjoyed you immensely as a roommate, but next year I’m injecting you with a GPS microchip. The needle isn’t all THAT big, don’t worry.

38. Great post!! (plus I love Wizard of Oz)
    It was good to meet you. I sat at your table at one of the closing sessions. I had to leave a little early to meet someone…but was glad to meet you.

39. How did I miss this earlier this week? Gah.

Handily the most creative re-cap of the weekend. Well done, sir!

40. I’m coming next year :)

Let’s hope that photo re-cap isn’t taken from something like, oh, A Clockwork Orange or something ;)

41. Karen MEG says:

My fave recap, on so many levels!

So glad to have met you, Neil!