Very Vague Dispatch from L.A. – #1

200446729-001

“I love you.”

“I love you.”

“Let’s get married.”

“I have a better idea. Let’s walk into the middle of a highway, hand in hand, waiting for a eighteen-wheeler to run us over!”

This entry was posted in Life with Sophia and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Very Vague Dispatch from L.A. – #1

1. They both said almost exactly the same thing.

2. … so, it went well then ?

3. headbang8 says:

I’m a little confused, Neil.

Was it Sophia who wanted to get married, or was it she who wanted to be run over by a truck?

Doubtless, this was your literary conceit, in stucturing the post so.

(Though “let’s walking” suggests a Russian voice.)

Maybe it’s not important. The result: you’re both single, and happier for it.

Or, Neilochka, would you rather be run over by a truck together, or hitch-hike alone?

Thank the Dockers.

They might be hiding a bulge, which your gay buddies could hep y’all out with.

Just sayin’.

HB8

4. headbang8 says:

P.S. Diane Mandy of Rheinland-Pfälz, you might like to weigh in on this one.

5. Fancy says:

Stop being so vague! How are things going, really?

6. Nancy says:

Line looks familiar, I think I did that once or thrice.

7. Geoff says:

I expect this is Neil’s polite way of saying, ‘No comment at this time. Talks are still underway.’

8. awwwwwwh. I do so love a romantic road trip story. Will there be dancing? I’m crossing my fingers for a Bollywood ending, if you please.

9. Annie says:

Oh, I can’t top the other Annie’s comment, just too funny, but I am wishing you well and I hope things get better. XOXO

10. Jane says:

Dude, you must be sad. I think you meant “walk” not “walking”, and eighteen-wheeler, not four-wheeler. Unless you meant car, win which case you should have said car.

Cheer up. Write. Live to tell the tale.

11. Jane says:

Dude, you must be sad. I think you meant “walk” not “walking”, and eighteen-wheeler, not four-wheeler. Unless you meant car, in which case you should have said car.

Cheer up. Write. Live to tell the tale.

12. Jane says:

And that I posted twice, trying to correct “win” to “in” means that I’m sad, too. Now three posts. Because I am commiserating.

13. Caffeinatrix says:

Is that you and Sophia in the photo or just some random people unwittingly borrowed from the intarwebs?

Jane- changed to your lines. Much better.

Caffeinatrix – That is not us. I would never wear those sneakers.

15. PockeyCT says:

From the picture only one person will be hit by the truck. That is usually the case don’t you think?

16. Sarah says:

tis a bit like life…

17. I am so confused. That being said, if you’re getting married MAZEL TOV.

If you’re not, MAZEL TOV too.

Things happen, or don’t, for a reason.

18. the photo is nice, happy, sunny, but the words, not so much vague, but sad with the hint of disaster in the future. be safe you two and get off the road.

19. barbetti says:

I agree. No more vagueness please.

20. either this is proof that natural selection works in a variety of ways, or you need to quit being vague. Hope things are going well. And not in the middle of a freeway.

21. I’m gad that things seem to be going well. One day at at time darling. One day at a time.

22. Hey, let me know when you’re back and NYC and we can finally hang out. In the meantime, good luck avoiding turning into roadkill!

23. ExpatJane says:

Ha! :::enough said:::

24. Wisteria Lane says:

Ha! Funny! That’s how I felt until I met my husband. So far so good. We are much older than most newlyweds… ;-)