The First Annual Blogger Holiday Online Arts and Crafts Fair

erin.jpg
Arts and Crafts Fair Poster Girl Villanovababy

Welcome to the first ever Blogger Holiday Online Arts and Crafts Fair.

This is your opportunity to be introduced to the artistic work of some of your favorite bloggers.  It’s the holiday season… the time for gift-giving.  Why not give a unique and handmade gift to your loved ones and friends this year — and support a fellow blogger at the same time?  I think you’ll find a varied group of artists, photograhers, and crafty folk represented here on this page.

Feel free to browse, both here and on the participants’ shopping pages.  You don’t have to buy.  Just enjoy looking at the work of those who are more talented than you, artistic geniuses who make you feel like an uncreative loser.  Ha Ha, of course that is a joke.  You don’t feel bad at all.  They’re ARTISTS.  Chances are that you drive a much nicer car. You get the last laugh!  Thank god for business school!

Of course no arts and craft fair would be complete without some food and entertainment.  Please nosh on our delicious homemade bagels, courtesy of Deb from Smitten Kitchen and Ari from Baking and Books

The Battle of the Homemade Bagels —

bagel2.jpg
Deb’s Homemade Bagels

bagel1.jpg
Ari’s Homemade Bagels

Sure, they’re only virtual bagels, but they’re COMPLIMENTARY.  That means they are free!  Woo-hoo!

There are also two concert areas on the fairgrounds, keeping you entertained as you shop. On STAGE ONE, rock out with British indie band Arctic Monkeys, as they stop by the arts and crafts fair during their west coast tour.  On STAGE TWO, our more intimate staging area, we are proud to present one of America’s finest songwriters, Mr. James Taylor.

I hope you enjoy the Arts and Crafts Fair.  The doors are now open!

gillian3.jpg
Gemstone necklaces from Gillian
(blog — Tiddleywinks)

lisa-d.jpg
Photography from Lisa Duvall
(blog — Fat Chick Running)

kyra1.jpg
Artwork by Kyra
(blog — Shaping My Way)

schmutzie.jpg
Photography by Schmutzie
(blog — Milk Money or Not)

saj2.jpg
Gift Tags by SAJ
(blog — Secret Agent Josephine)

leesa.jpg
Photography by Leesa
(blog — Piece of My Mind)

angie.jpg
Artwork by Angie
(blog — Evangelinethan)

susannah1.jpg
Photography by Susannah
(blog — Ink on my Fingers)

CONCERT STAGE ONE – Arctic Monkeys

liz.jpg
Work by Liz Elayne
(blog — Be Present, Be Here)

maliavale.jpg
Photography by Mary
(blog — Maliavale)

dave.gif
T-shirt by Dave
(blog — Blogography)

sara.jpg
Jewelry by Sara
(blog — Moving Right Along)

stacey.jpg
Photography by Stacy
(blog — Jurgen Nation)

bethany.jpg
Gumball the Kitten Magnets by Bethany
(blog — Bethany Actually)

ellen.jpg
Artwork by Ellen Bloom
(blog — Los Angeles is my Beat)

heather.jpg
Photography by Heather
(blog — Nabbalicious)

CONCERT STAGE TWO – James Taylor

abigail.jpg
Purse by Abigail
(blog — Abigail’s Road to Nowhere)

180.jpg
Photography by 180/360
(blog — 180/360)

sizzle.jpg
Custom Made Felt Pins by Ms. Sizzle
($5 plus shipping – email her at sizzlesays at gmail dot com)
(blog — Sizzle Says)

sarah.jpg
Photography by Sarah
(blog — Sad and Beautiful)

susan.jpg
Baby/Toddler Clothes by Sarah
(blog — Susu g)

di4.jpg
Photography by Di Mackey
(blog — Woman Wandering)

caron.jpg
Fiber Quilts by Caron
(blogs — All and Nothing, And Still Counting)

stacyelaine.jpg
Painting by Stacy Elaine
(blog — Pudgy Pigeon Enterprises)

leah.jpg
Handmade Hats and Aprons by Leahpeah
(blog — Leahpeah)

ascender.jpg
Artwork by AscenderRises
(blog — Ascender Rises Above)

aimee.jpg
Photography by Aimee
(blog — Greeblemonkey)

vgrrrl.jpg
Art Journal by V-Grrrl
(email her at veronica at v-grrrl dot com for prices)
(blog — V-grrrl in the Middle)

lemen.jpg
Baby Clothes by Jen Lemen
(blog — Jen Lemen)

ponnay.jpg
Purses by Jaynette

heifer.jpg
And for those who would rather donate money as a gift, how about getting a cow or a water buffalo for a needy family via The Heifer Project? (thanks Not Fainthearted!)

This entry was posted in Art and Design, Blogging and the Internet and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

59 Responses to The First Annual Blogger Holiday Online Arts and Crafts Fair

1. sizzle says:

such talent in the blogosphere- thanks for setting this up Neil!

2. Kyra says:

Thank you Neil! Everyone is so talented! I’m having a lot of fun going through everyone’s galleries!

3. Omg, you pit me against the infamous Smitten Kitchen? It’s an honor to even be mentioned next to her in your virtual arts & crafts fair. :)

I enjoyed looking through the gallery, you have a fantastic eye Neil.

4. V-Grrrl says:

This is so cool! I’m in love with Bethany’s kitten magnets, and silly me, I had no idea Ellen Bloom did something other than knit (Can you tell I read too much Crazy Aunt Purl?). Ascender’s tag is inspiring, and I’m honored to have my work in the company of so many great creative types. BTW, that photo of Di Mackey’s? It was taken in my guestroom y’all. I’m SO proud.

5. I will get no work done now, with all this BEAUTIFUL art to look at. What an amazing collection!

6. Bre says:

This is so awesome, Neil!

7. kilax says:

Those gift tags are MINE MINE MINE!!! Thanks for hosting Neil :)

8. Caitlinator says:

Neil, this is such a great idea and I hope if you do it again next year, we get more than two weeks’ notice to put together a spot; I would love to participate next time!

Everyone’s stuff looks awesome – very inspirational!

9. well you’re certainly right about me feeling like an uncreative loser, so much talent here!
    well done on co-ordinating this event.

10. Pingback: Hello, good Citizens « tiddleywinks

11. thanks for the mention (and promotion) neil!!

12. LVGurl says:

THIS IS SO GREAT!!

13. bluejaye says:

Is it too late to join your fun group?

14. Sara says:

Hey, thanks, Neil! And because no craft fair is complete without them,

Puppets:
    staceyrebecca.etsy.com

Face Painting:
    bunny.etsy.com>photomanipulations

15. Finn says:

Wow. I’m impressed. There’s a lot of talent on your blogroll!

I want one of those photographers to mentor me…

16. churlita says:

Taht is so friggin’ cool.

17. Sarah says:

This is awesome…what amazing work!

Thanks so much for putting it all together!

18. Fantastic contributors!! And what a great idea! Seriously, from someone who is mildly crafty, this is a really amazing gesture for the crafty folks and I can’t thank you enough for putting it together. I hope I can participate next year!

19. Lisa Duvall says:

Thank you so much for including my work in your Art fair. The talent here is just staggering!!

Off to browse and drool!

20. abigail road says:

Thanks Neil! This was a great idea! You have some talented readers, including me! haha!

21. di says:

You art god, you.
    Thanks for doing this … don’t even ask me why I had 2 Dec as ‘the’ date and that, according to Di time, was Tuesday.

Less of the healing red wine methinks…

If any of the participants have anything to add, or they want me to change what I said — or the photo — feel free to email me. The post will stay up for the weekend.

23. Ellen Bloom says:

Thanks, Neil for adding my artwork to the queue! I was surprised to see one of my little collages from my series, “The Fu** Stops Here” on your blog!
    Happy Chanukah!

24. Thank you, Neil!! I am honored to be featured in your Art Fair.

(I think James Taylor grabbed my ass when I was on my way for a bagel.)

25. Erin says:

Thanks for making me your poster girl! I’d like to add that my photo was taken by Joe Selkey of Peek Photography.

(his website here: http://mselkey.home.comcast.net/~mselkey/)

26. Thanks, Neil! So many talented readers. :-)

27. Pingback: bethany actually » Blog Archive » Ta-dah!

28. liz elayne says:

so many fantastic links here! thanks for putting this together neil! i am excited to have so many new shops to explore for gifts…

29. Jennifer says:

Damn, bloggers are a gifted artistic bunch. I’ll take two of each.

And one James Taylor. No bow required.

30. Pingback: Dutch Blitz » Looking For Unique Christmas Presents?

31. cruisin-mom says:

Neil…who knew a nice Jewish boy from N.Y. could bring people together from all over the world like this. You are a Jewish Angel:)

32. 180/360 says:

You always have such great ideas, Neil. It has been really cool checking out the other artists. I am constantly in awe of all of the talent I see online. It also helps to have visuals of names I often read in your comments.

33. Love it love it love it, thanks!

34. This is the coolest idea Neil! Thanks for putting this together.

35. Christine says:

Neil –
    You and your fellow bloggers are awesome!! The beautiful work featured here makes me aspire to greater heights in my pursuit of arts & crafts excellence. I hope to one be just half as creative as you all are. (yes, you too Neil. I wish I could express myself as well as you do on the page.)

36. Leesa says:

Thanks, Neil. Great group you have here :)

37. This is a fabulous idea! You’ve featured so many talented artists. Thanks you! :D

38. bluejaye says:

Thanks for including one of my favorite purses. I appreciate all the exposure I can get. And reading another great blog is the perfect excuse to put off my housework. I’m off to check out the other artists.

39. Frida says:

Great work Neil! I already went the Heifer route for this Christmas, but I love the whole buy handmade pledge.

40. MammaLoves says:

You ROCK!! I can’t wait to check out all of these sites. If I seem to be logged onto your site for days, it’s cause I’m taking my time.

I just was going through your sites again. Boy, you guys are talented! And so varied. The one photo I put up for each of you doesn’t do your work justice. Maybe I shouldn’t be saying which is my favorite, but I just love that final sculpture of that heifer. It looks so real!

Remember the Holiday concert is coming up on December 10th! Any questions, just email me.

42. susannah says:

wow! so much crafty goodness out in the blogosphere – thanks for including my photo store, Neil, you’re a god (but i know you already know that ;-)xo

43. Caryn says:

Neil — you’re the best virtual holiday event organizer I know.

44. chantel says:

I wish I were craftier; the only thing I could do would be to sell kisses for $5!!

Chantel — Only five bucks? I think you’re going to have a busy Christmas!

46. cookiebitch says:

Neil, you are the best blog pimp EVER. This is a great idea, and I’m impressed by all the talent. And you know how I hate to be positive …

I’m going to go kick a puppy now.

No, the best blog pimp EVER would get 25% of all sales and would “own” all the women on the list. Alas… I’m a blog pimp with a heart of gold, with none of the real fun of being a pimp. I don’t even have a cool pimp hat. And what pimp drives a hybrid?