The 2006 Blogger Christmahanukwanzaakah Online Holiday Concert

poster girl Jamelah

THE CONCERT PROGRAM

Ellen performing Jingle Bell Rock

Digital Father performing O Holy Night

Psychotoddler performing Sevivon

Becky performing God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen

Elisabeth and Claire performing il est ne le divin enfant

Sheana and Colleen performing The Dreidel Song

Fitena performing Silent Night

Mr. Fabulous performing Blue Christmas

Villanovababy performing Santa Baby

Sophia performing Hanukkah, Oh Hannukah

Heather B performing O Come All Ye Faithful

Tiff performing The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire)

INTERMISSION

Nelumbo performing Up on the House Top

Non-Highlighted Heather performing Silent Night

Sophia, post-accident, performing Ocho Kandelikas in Ladino

Qatherinn performing A Christmas Song

Neil performing How to Make Latkes!

Stuntmother‘s son, Daniel performing Jingle Bells.

Danny performing Hanukkah, Oh Hanukkah

Caryn performing The Chipmunks Christmas Song

Paintergirl performing Rock and Roll Round the Christmas Tree

F.D. (from Therapy Doc) performing Dovid Melech (more here)

Pam performing Santa Baby

vgrrl.jpg
photo by V-Grrrl

chloe.jpg
photo by Chloe

sarah.jpg
photo by Neil and colorized by Sarah

This entry was posted in Blogging and the Internet, Music and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

94 Responses to The 2006 Blogger Christmahanukwanzaakah Online Holiday Concert

1. Scarlet says:

Neil! I suck. I’m so sorry:( Do you want my reasons or are you just too disappointed in me to hear them?

Scarlet – Of all people! I expect a private concert from you where I choose the songs. And it is going to be weird stuff, like the theme from “The A-Team.”

3. jamelah says:

This is pretty much the awesomest thing ever. And I’m not just saying that because I’m the poster girl.

Thanks everyone for their songs and photos. Our show has been extended another day so more people can hear and marvel at all of your talents. And people said bloggers only know how to “stare at their own navels.” Hah! This proves them wrong. They can stare at their own navels AND sing!

5. elle says:

Great Idea!! This was a blast…You are all amazingly talented!!!!

6. Two Roads says:

ABSOULUTELY FABULOUS!!! I’m saving this post to enjoy over and over again. You are a blessing Neil for bringing us all together!

7. mckay says:

without having listened to a single song, this is by far, the best christmas party i’ve been to this year! you guys ROCK!

now i’ll go back and listen and enjoy.

thanks for the pics, too. i feel all warm and fuzzy.
    :0)

8. Fitèna says:

Marvelous Neil! Just love it all! Thank you for keeping me! Merry Xmas to you, Sophia and your Mama:-)

You just rock!

Fitèna

9. What fun! Loved my Danny Miller’s song. Great to hear him over the miles. Thanks, Neil, for quite a feat.
    Love,
    Elaine

10. MapleMama says:

Neil,

Your concert was absolutely inspired. Excellent execution – and I organize concerts for a living. At least you didn’t have to deal with tech riders and making sure the right bottled water is in the dressing rooms.

I had hoped to contribute “In the Bleak Midwinter” – but I never technically got off the ground. I’ll start practicing now for next year.

Seriously – a wonderful concert, and BRAVO, STANDING O – to everyone who participated.

Happy Hanukkah Neil, and best wishes to everyone for a Happy New Year.

11. Jessica says:

This is wonderful, Neil – truly. I wish I had known about it sooner so I could participate.

12. I believe this can be considered a “success,” Neil!

13. Pam says:

Lovely, inspiring…oh heck, everyone’s already used the best adjectives. But truly, this was sensational. What an awesome thing to do. And, you put my cookies up there. (hehehee)
    I can’t sing but I can bake.
    ♥Pam

14. […] Listen to the first-ever blogger online holiday concert[…]

15. Pants says:

Wow! Now I know how the Grinch felt when his heart grew three sizes. Thank you, Neil.

16. Jennifer says:

Wow. Wow. Wow.

It finally feels like the holidays are here. I can’t thank you enough for organizing all of these generous – and BRAVE – souls!!

Merry and bright, babes!

17. Caron says:

I’ve suffered from the holiday bah humbugs since many years of working retail. The awesome power of your talented performers transformed me into a holiday humming bug. I sang all day. Thanks!

18. Ayelet says:

Wow! That’s the awesomest thing I’ve seen/heard in a while. Thanks.

19. Mo says:

Wow!! USA Today?! That’s awesome, Neil. This blog thing may be a career after all. I am stoked about next year. I bought my microphone tonight in preparation…

20. Michele says:

Amazing effort, beautifully managed. Neil, you are a blog star once again.

21. wordnerd says:

DAMN! What a concert! I am so impressed. This really made my day — fantastic!

22. cruisin-mom says:

By the way, Neil and Sarah…the colorized Santa is really fantastic.

23. […] The 2006 Blogger Christmahanukwanzaakah Online Holiday Concert […]

24. FABULOUS, Neil!
    HAPPY HANUKKAH & MERRY CHRISTMAS, TOO!

25. Happy Hanukkah Neil and Sophia.

26. Crankster says:

Beautifully done, Neil. Happy Hanukkah!

27. Pingback: Citizen of the Month » Message from Time Magazine

28. Pingback: After the Concert « Digital Father

29. wendy says:

Am I late??Ooops… I put some pics up for ya Neil…kinda like a cheap gift card…But it is the thought that counts…(sheepishly sneeks out)

30. this was great fun!!! thanks!!

31. Pingback: Christmahanukwanzaakah « This Journey

32. Pingback: No Pasa Nada » Blog Archive » It’s the thought that counts

33. Pingback: An Ode to Neilochka on his Birthday « Roberta’s Voice

34. Pingback: Music news and much more » The 2006 Blogger Christmahanukwanzaakah Online Holiday Concert

35. Pingback: Citizen of the Month » The Third Annual “Thank Your First Commenter Day”

36. Pingback: Citizen of the Month » Announcing the 2007 Christmahanukwanzaakah Online Holiday Concert

37. Pingback: Citizen of the Month » The 2007 Blogger Christmahanukwanzaakah Online Holiday Concert

38. Pingback: Citizen of the Month » Holiday Concert Sign-Up Sheet

39. Pingback: Announcing the Fifth Annual Blogger Christmahanukwanzaakah Online Holiday Concert! | Citizen of the Month

40. Pingback: The Fifth Annual Blogger Christmalhijrahanukwanzaakah Online Holiday Concert! | Citizen of the Month

41. Pingback: Announcing the Sixth Annual Blogger Christmahanukwanzaakah Online Holiday Concert! | Citizen of the Month

42. Pingback: Announcing the Seventh Annual Blogger Christmahanukwanzaakah Online Holiday Concert! | Citizen of the Month

43. Pingback: The Ninth Annual Blogger Christmahanukwanzaakah Online Holiday Concert | Citizen of the Month

44. Pingback: The Ninth Annual Blogger Christmahanukwanzaakah Online Holiday Concert — LIVE! | Citizen of the Month